Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving

So I'm finally posting about Thanksgiving. Jared had to work that day so I met my mom and my brother, Tim, at my parents' house (Dad had to work, too) and we drove up to my Aunt Patty's house in Jackson, MS. We met up with Ben, Becky and the girls on the way there. We stopped at Wal-Mart on the way to get a few things. It started raining about halfway through the trip and I got a little freaked out from being scared (started crying) but we made it there safely (obviously). Besides our crew, there was Aunt Patty, Uncle Raymond, Katie, Raymond's mom and one of their neighbors. Here is the menu of the feast:

  • Turkey
  • Ham
  • Homemade macaroni & cheese
  • Oyster & shrimp stuffing
  • Green bean casserole
  • Another kind of casserole
  • Ambrosia (made by me)
  • Artichoke casserole
  • Rolls
  • Sweet potato souffle
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Pecan pie
  • Cupcakes
We hung out, ate, and played a game of Pictionary--I was on a team with Ben, Becky and 13-year-old Katie. The other five adults were on a team and we beat them, heh heh! Here are some pics from the day:

{Mom chowing down}:
{Becky, Ben, Tim--notice Ben talking to his food, sweet-talking it, saying something like "no, I love you!" What a funny dork!}:
{Belle & Katie--this is the only pic I got of Belle the whole day. She was really tired and wouldn't take a nap so she was kind of grumpy the whole day and wouldn't cooperate for pictures}:
{Ben, Brenna, Tim}:
{Me, Brenna, Tim}:
{Here is everyone playing Pictionary}:
{Tim fell asleep on the couch with Roxie, one of Patty's really cute, sweet dogs}:
Ben & Becky left around 9:00 and Mom, Tim and I were supposed to leave shortly after but we kept talking and talking with Patty and Raymond and finally, when we went to leave, it was really foggy and Patty told us we should just spend the night there so we did. Tim fell asleep on the couch and Raymond and his mom had both gone to bed while my mom, Patty, Katie and I stayed up talking until after 2am. When we finally did go to bed, my mom and I kept each other up because we are both really light sleepers and every noise or movement the other made (even though were were in separate beds but in the same room only a few feet apart) woke each other up all night. I was still exhausted when I finally decided to just go ahead and get up at ~9am.

Patty made us breakfast and we kept saying we were going to leave soon to make it home in time for the LSU game but we kept chatting and didn't leave until after noon, I think. The game started while we were on our way back and we had to wait until we got closed enough for the LSU sports radio channel to come in so we could listen to until we got to my parents' house. I stayed there and watched the pathetic game, which we really should have won but gave it away to them in the last minute and lost by 1 POINT!!!! Aaaaah! What a sad ending to a disappointing season--at least it wasn't as bad as when I went to LSU, though! Anyway, after the game I headed home and pretty much just vegged the rest of the night.

Not much going on since then, just church, a couple of piano lessons, and helping out at Jared's office again today. The stake Primary president was called as our ward Relief Society president on Sunday so I'm wondering if I'll be released as stake Primary 2nd counselor. No one from the stake has even called and asked for an interview yet so I'm sure they are still deciding what to do. I'm kind of on pins and needles to find out if I'll be released or not. I just hope I get to continue teaching my class in my ward. Well, it is 1:20am here and it's getting a little chilly in the house, so I'm gonna go snuggle in bed with Jared now. I put him to bed a while ago (I always go lie down with him and read until he falls asleep, then I usually get up and come scrapbook and stuff unless I'm really tired and actually think I could fall asleep that early). OK, I'm just babbling now 'cause I'm tired so I'm really gonna go now....

4 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Monica and the team said...

glad you had a good thanksgiving. Sounds like you had fun. My girls have pictonary on the the christmas wish list. glad you had safe travels and your back home and sorry to hear about your beloved tigers!

Plain Jame said...

Dana, I totally LOVE your hair, every time I see a picture of it I just love it, it's so sassy!

Sounds like you had a great time. It cracks me up that you "put jared to bed". That is the funniest thing because men dont like going off to bed alone, do they? They are such overgrown children....

Kikibug said...

Your hair looks SOOO cute in this picture!!! That is a cute pic of Tim on the couch with that dog.
I didn't know y'all spent the night, that must have been fun.

amiee said...

Dana, your hair really looks super cute! Are you lovin' it or what?

Tday sounded fun at your family's house!!!! I love pictionary!