Boy was it ever white! Let me start at the beginning of our trip to Utah...
We were supposed to fly out of Baton Rouge on Sat., 12/20. We were to go through Memphis, then Minneapolis, then to Salt Lake City. Weather was extremely bad in Minn. so we wouldn't have made our flight from Memphis to there. Instead of flying to Memphis and getting stuck there, we decided to go and sleep at our house and try again the next day. We were able to fly the next morning to Houston, then SLC. Once we got there, we hung out at Jared's mom's house, had a ham dinner, Jared went for a ride with his dad and Jason while the rest of us watched some Christmas movie with Ben Affleck and, of course, we played with our niece a whole lot.
Monday, we went with Jared's sister and niece to an appt. in SLC. We also went shopping at Sam's Club, ate at Winger's and went and visited a cousin, Craig, and his wife and baby. It snowed the whole way there and back:Tues., we had wanted to drive up to ID to see Teresa & Michelle's families but the weather was just too bad so we stayed home; I watched "27 Dresses" with Laura & JaNene, Jared went to Wal-Mart with his dad, then we watched "Made of Honor"; we went and visited Aunt Wilma that evening, then came home to watch movies (but I fell asleep and went to bed at ~9:00)
Wed., 12/24--We (including Laura, Daisy & JaNene) went to Grandpa Ted's for a while, then we stopped at a diner for lunch; Jared, Jason & I went to a convenient store and talked to some people (Wilma's brother and niece) for a while there then went home and had dinner; Jared, JaNene & I took Jason to Hennefer to see a girl and give her a gift (we had to wait in the car the whole time); we came back and did fireworks out in the freezing cold & wind, then hung out for a bit; everyone went to bed except Jared, Jason & I--I got on the computer and they played games on the XBox. Then they went and slept outside in the snow!!!
Sun. 12/28--Went to church (9am), came home and had lunch and lounged around, went to Michael's parents' again for dinner
I wish Jared could still be here but I'm having fun. I also am very sad that we weren't able to go up to Idaho to see the SIL's and the 7 nieces and nephews up there. I hope we get to see them all soon.
Oh, here are two really funny videos of Carma:
{"Georgie Pordgy"}:
{"Frère Jacques"}:
I'll be here at Kiki's until Jan. 7. I'm sure I'll have tons more pics to post when I get home!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y'ALL!!!
1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Yay - we're totally getting together. Talk to kiki and see when it's good for you! K? Looks very eventful and fun, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment