I had one this morning (Wed.), this time in my neck. It went OK, they did things a little bit different this time. I had to change into scrub bottoms and a gown and put paper booties over my socks (last time I didn't have to take any of my clothes off, not even my shoes). Another difference was that they put an IV in me, whereas last time they just did a local anesthetic, then administered the epidural. They gave me some meds (Elavil, I think, and some other stuff to calm me and make me forget); I was still awake but I don't remember anything between the time that they gave me those meds and the walk back to the changing room. They administered a local anesthetic and the epidural after the meds (or so they said, ha ha). They helped me change back into my clothes and I was outta there! Thanks to my mom for taking me and making sure I was taken care of when I got home.
I came home and rested all day today. I was in quite a bit of pain once all the pain stuff wore off. I did take a couple of Lortab throughout the day but they barely helped at all. It's just really sore and stiff, hurts to look around (especiall down!) so I'm keeping my neck pretty straight. It will be well worth it if it helps in the long run--please pray that it does! I finally got tired of just resting so I decided to come and blog. I'm almost sweating from pain so I think I'll go to bed now--plus it's almost 1am, yikes! TTFN! And Happy Holidays!!!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Another Epidural Steroid Injection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
hey woman! so sucky about the epidural and stuff! at least you don't remember that part, right? ha! i really hope these injections start helping you out a lot.
that is HILARIOUS about the cabbage patch hospital. I have never heard of such a thing! love it
Post a Comment