A tidbit on the snow first--it actually covered the yards until after 1pm (have pics to prove it) and it was finally gone by that evening. It was so great to see snow again! But, then again, I didn't have to drive in it.
We went to Georgia to visit my SIL, BIL and a new nephew this past weekend--they just adopted him in Aug. and this was our first time getting to see him; Jared's Mom and aunt were also there visiting from Utah. The baby is such a cutie! Poor thing is starting to teeth or something, though. We left after Jared got home from work and I finished up wrapping presents we took with us--at 6pm. We stopped for dinner at Waffle House, ha ha, and drove all night to get there at, I think, 6am their time. We stayed up for a tiny bit with them and the baby, as he had just woken up to be fed, then we went and slept for 3 hours.
We woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking (hash browns and French toast, yum!) and hung out for a bit then we went to a Cabbage Patch Doll Hospital, Nora Mill grain mill (can buy really good grits, biscuit mixes, grains, all kinds of awesome baking goods there) and an antique store. We had a ham dinner that night and played some games.
Sunday morning, we went to church then ate a roast dinner (the roast cooked in the slow cooker while we were at church and it was so good); the roast was part of the Christmas present we got from Jared's company--I think we got a whole mess of beef. We just hung out the rest of the day then Jared and I left at 9pm their time and got home at 6am our time. I drove the last 5 1/2 hours and went to bed as soon as we got home; Jared had to go into work. I got up about 3 1/2 hours later and worked on Christmas stuff, even though I felt really crappy all day from lack of sleep all weekend.
I also spent some of Monday learning how to use CVS bucks--my SIL gets TONS of free stuff from there and she told me how to do it. Go see iheartcvs.com for details if you have a CVS nearby. I went and bought $41 of stuff, used $8 in coupons and got 20 extra bucks (can be used like cash at CVS). Woohoo!
Anyway, here are pics and video from the trip:

The Cabbage Patch Hospital was hilarious--especially since it was us 6 adults and one sleeping baby, ha ha! The place was filled with all kinds of Cabbage Patch babies and kids. It's pretty funny. We had a great time in GA and can't wait to go visit again!










0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment