It snowed here in south Louisiana today!!! Jared woke me up at 5:30 this morning as he was leaving for work because there was already a small amount of snow on the ground:
The snow kept coming and here's what the pond looked like at 7am:
And our street at 7am:
The backyard at 7:30am:
The woods in the back of our house at 7:30am:
Praia playing in the snow at 7:45am (she was probably thinking "Hey, I remember this stuff!" since she lived in Utah her first 6 1/2 years):
The pond at almost 8am:
The street at almost 9am:
Our house after it mostly stopped snowing around 11am:
Here's a quick video of the snow, so you can see just how much was falling. Every few minutes, I'd hear the crackling of branches snapping of their trees as they gave way to the heavy snow. I wanted to catch the sound of the snapping of branches but I wasn't able to.
It is now 2:30pm and here is what it looks like now:
It's 42* right now and the sun is coming out, so I'm sure the snow will melt almost completely by this evening. It was beautiful while it lasted and I loved it--especially since I didn't have to drive in it--well, I was supposed to drive to Hammond for a doctor appointment but I skipped it. I'll be looking out my window, as I have been all day, enjoying the snow until it's all gone. I'm definitely in the Christmas spirit now! :)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Hell froze over!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
wow that is so neat! I bet it was just what people needed down there to make it feel like Christmastime. We got nothin so far! Looks like you got more snow than we have so far this year.... this weekend maybe.
THanks for sharing!
oh wow, hope it was a wanted treat :D
Post a Comment