Thursday, December 11, 2008

Early Christmas and Babysitting

That's what I've been up to the past few days. We went to my parents' house Sunday after church and had Christmas dinner with them and exchanged gifts. They gave me a soft, fuzzy LSU blanket and Jared a shake/smoothie blender. We gave my mom a picture book I made at snapfish.com and my dad a microfiber car detailing kit and a auto car kit (car wax, tire foam, interior wipes, etc.). Tim came over later, after we had eaten. Ben and his family didn't come because Ben was sick.

I spent Monday working at Jared's office, then I taught a couple of piano lessons that evening.

Tuesday, I got up at 5am and was at Ben's house by 6:15 to babysit the girls. Brenna woke up at 7am and I fed her. I woke Belle up at 8 and got both girls ready to bring Belle to pre-school. I took Brenna Christmas shopping with me after we dropped Belle off. Brenna was so good; she was actually sleeping when I got there, so I just kept her in the car seat and put her in the back of the cart. When she woke up, I sat her in the front of the cart and she was so happy, fascinated with everything in the store and playing with whatever I gave her. We went back to Ben's house and she mostly played (except for feeding times) while I worked on Christmas cards. We picked Belle up at school and went back to the house and played. Ben had gone to Texas for work and Becky usually gets home between 8 and 8:30 but it was crazy in her hospital ward so she didn't get home 'til 10. BTW, the electricity went out at 8 and still wasn't on when I left--just my luck!

I had told Belle all day that they could open their Christmas presents from us when her mom got home. As soon as Becky got home from work, she ran and got the present and tore it open--before I had time to grab my camera and before Becky was able to wash up and change out of her scrubs. Here are the pics I got of them opening presents (the are SOC, I'm too lazy right now to edit them):

{We gave Belle some pajamas (balled up around her feet)--the all-in-one with footsies kind--and a shirt with a matching hat}:

{I made a mini "Baby's First Christmas" scrapbook album for Brenna but she enjoyed the wrapping much more!}:
{I made Ben & Becky a LSU post-it note holder}:

Here are some pics/videos of Brenna eating baby food. I hope you find them as cute and amusing as I did:

{This one gets really cute just before the 1 minute mark}:

{This one is hilarious--I tried to tease her with the food but she is one smart baby!}:

{Here's one in which I made Brenna laugh a little bit}:

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: