Friday, December 16, 2005

Change

Well, I was laid off today. I suspected it was coming, since my client's business was moved to another facility in our company and they took over my job. There were no other accounts in my facility that needed another account rep. While it was hard to say goodbye to the friends I made over the last 7+ years, I think this will end up being a good thing for me. BTW, I get 4 months of severence pay and 70 hours of unused PTO, plus the bonus I just received. We will be OK for a while.

I'm hoping that I will get into a job that I actually enjoy or that I will finally get pregnant. I'm hoping for the latter more than the former!

I'm feeling a lot of different emotions right now. On one hand, I feel relieved to no longer be working at that place and I am excited to take some time off (DH said I should take a month off and just scrapbook!). On the other hand, it is weird think about not having a job to go to every day and I wonder with fear about the future.

For now, I will enjoy my time off, and try to leave worrying about the future until next month. Gotta get through Christmas first, anyway!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: