Tuesday, May 31, 2016

2nd half of May, Jared's 40th!!

5/20: That was a great game! I scared the heck out of my family when I screamed when we won; I was watching the game on my phone with my headphones on, so it was quiet for them, then all of the sudden I screamed, ha ha! :D


5/21: WTGeaux, Tigers! We just beat the #1 team twice in a row! ‪#‎rallypossum‬ :)

5/21: Cuties.  [Playing with Bailey from across the street.] Last night, Makenna said, "I don't know if Bailey knows I love her."

5/21: Remember the Hello Kitty shirt that Avery wore and LOVED for at least 2 years? The one that just kept getting smaller and smaller on her but she refused to give it up? We compromised and I made it into a pillow. :D Not a great sewing job but she loves it. Now I have to make one for Makenna.




5/24: I discovered last night while brushing her teeth that Avery has her first loose tooth! She was not happy about it. It is just barely loose, so it will probably be a little while before it comes out.

5/24: My poor little sister. I wish she didn't live so far away! I showed the twins one of the photos and they were concerned. Makenna said, "Is Nikki OK? She doesn't look so good."

Just a funny:

5/26: WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That was a looooong game!!! Longest in SEC baseball tournament history. I invested over 5 hours watching that game and my Tigers made it worth it for me! ‪#‎RALLYPOSSUM‬ ‪#‎GEAUXTIGERS‬

The girls had asked me if they could use my pom poms so they could be cheerleaders for the ballgame earlier. They got Whiskers in on the action, too.



5/27: Guess who's 40 today?! Happy birthday Jared Crittenden! Birthday boy got breakfast in bed this morning--blueberry muffins, per his request.

Jared's sister, Michelle, came down from ID on Friday with her 3 girls to stay the weekend with us (she left the 4 boys with her husband). We had a party for Jared Friday evening; my sister and her family, his mom, dad, and another sister and her kids also came over. Even though I offered steaks and BBQ chicken, Jared insisted on a weenie roast. He also requested his favorite cake, German chocolate, which I made from scratch (except for the chocolate frosting that I used as the filling and writing on the cake). I also made a t-shirt for him using my new heat press; I have two more shirts planned but I'm waiting for more heat transfer vinyl to arrive.

I stayed up late playing Mario Karts and Guitar Hero with the two older nieces and Jared watched TV 'til really late with his dad, who also stayed the night.

I think Jared had a great 40th birthday weekend:
Playing with cousins at the start of Jared's birthday party
Jared's German chocolate cake (made from scratch, except for the chocolate frosting
Some of the party decorations--I printed the 1976 on 13 x 19 photo paper
A better look at the 1976 poster
 

I put 40's everywhere, ha ha!
 

Weenie roast in the backyard
 

Michelle & Laura
The birthday boy
Judson & Michael
Fun with cousins
Grandma
Kiki
Mariya
 

Whiskers had a great time with everyone in the backyard, too!
Chatting around the fire pit
S'mores!
Laughing with a cousin :)
Balloon fun with Grandma
Grandpa
Laura, Hailey, Mariya, Michelle
Carma
Cake time!
 

Ready for cake!
The shirt I made for him
5/28: On Sat., the twins had fun playing with their cousin and Grandpa, who gave them wheelbarrow rides in the backyard. They also played in the sprinklers as Jared was testing them to start watering the lawn for the summer. They had a blast.  I had to leave for a bit to go to my friend, Michelle's, baby shower. That night, I played games with my nieces and SIL again. 





It was a great weekend until I woke up sick Sunday morning, so I had to miss church and Jared went and taught our Primary class.  He texted me a photo of our adorable class (8 of the 10 were there) holding up "feel better" signs. Since it was the 5th Sunday, the teachers got to wear funny hats, so he also sent me a pic of his hat:


So, we didn't do anything for Memorial Day yesterday because I was still sick.  I had to cancel piano lessons, too. I'm feeling much better today, thankfully, just coughing a tiny bit still.  I'm hoping to feel all the way better tomorrow, as we have an outing planned. :)

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: