5/6: I have no idea which one did this and I can't begin to imagine why. Silly kids.
5/7: LOL about the opossum on the field at the LSU baseball game!
WOOOOHOOOOO! That was a doozie of a game, 5 hours long, but LSU pulled off the win in the extra inning! We were down 9-1 at one point and came back to win 9-10! Thank you, rally opossum, ha ha! Geaux Tigers!!
HA HA HA!!!
5/8: Mother's Day: Jared and the girls gave me a bird feeder and bird food before church, the girls made cards at joy school last week and bookmarks at church, I got a rose and chocolate at church, and a candy bouquet from Jared (I forgot to take a picture of it before I took it apart to use the vase for lilacs that Jared picked for me). We made a great steak dinner for Jared's mom, including mashed potatoes, corn, and cheddar biscuits, with banana splits for dessert. I am so very thankful to be a mom to two little sweeties and I'm thankful for all of the awesome moms I know that are such wonderful examples to me! Way too many to tag! :)
5/9: Finger painting fun:
5/10: My joy school lesson today was on sports, so we had "baseballs" and "basketballs" for our snack. They loved it. :)
5/11: These two have been double trouble today! Early this morning, before waking me up, they got at least 20 cups out of the cupboard and filled them with water; the plan was to use them to fill their water table on the deck but they couldn't get the back door open. They also got into the Goldfish crackers and filled at least 15 cups with them. I had to wash all of the cups, of course. Then, they took about 20 face and hand towels out of the bathroom and made a trail in the living room and wet some of them; they are all in the wash now, along with at least 10 other hand towels they used to wash their outside toys on the deck yesterday. THEN, while I was watching baseball a bit ago, they made mud in the backyard--not a big deal but they did have to get sprayed off. They are now in my tub while I continue watching the ballgame. Serenity now! :P
5/12: Today, my joy school lesson was on the Olympics. For their snack, they each got a popcorn Olympic torch and a gold medal Fruit Loop necklace. They played soccer (kind of) at the end and enjoyed the lilacs. Today was my last day teaching these cuties. :(
5/12: We enjoyed a gorgeous evening in our backyard, including a weenie & s'mores roast.
5/13: My girls slept until 9:30 this morning! Playing in the backyard yesterday must have worn them out. They had both gotten in my bed at some point in the night. I actually woke up before them but it felt so nice to snuggle with my sweeties that I didn't move a muscle until they started waking up, even when I heard a knock at the door (it sounded like a kid's knock and I'm so thankful they didn't ring the doorbell).
5/14: The girls have been playing with a new neighbor for 3 hours. Now there are 6yo girls right across the street and right next door! :D
5/14: They turned the jets back on after I left the room for a minute. Argh!
5/16: She's a mess. A chocolate pudding moustache and flowers she picked from our front yard. :|
5/17: They both did really well but the coach had to spend a couple of minutes talking Makenna into getting on the bar because she doesn't like for the coaches to pick her up and flip her over the bar--she finally got on it but wouldn't let the coach flip her. She also refuses to get on the high balance beam. Avery did everything, though. :)
Makenna on the bar. The coach talked to her for 2 minutes, trying to get her to do the routine!
Avery on the balance beam:
Makenna on the beam--wouldn't get up on the higher one. *sigh*:
Avery's floor routine:
Makenna's floor routine:
Avery's vault:
Makenna's vault:
Avery's bar routine:
The medals ceremony:
Photo op afterwards:
There was a rainbow on the way out!
Jared made me eat at a Chinese restaurant after the gymnastics exhibition:
5/18: This girl put on 3 of my t-shirts--all pink ones, of course!
5/19: They're done with joy school. :'( I'm sad it's over. I loved doing lessons with those 5 cuties. Apparently, Avery's favorite thing to learn was the letter A and she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. Makenna's favorite thing to learn was how to have a tea party and she wants to be a bug when she grows up. Silly girl!
Graduation videos:
5/19: Whiskers and I just took an awesome nap while the twins were napping (which is what made it so awesome!). :) The kids (and the cat) are still napping. I think I'll get up and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet until they wake up. Thanks for making them nap, Babe!






























































































0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment