5/13: LSU beat Northwestern State 27-0! Yes, that's a baseball score! LSU won by the largest margin of victory in program history and tossed its first combined no-hitter. And that's after only 6 innings, as the game was stopped early due to lightning! Crazy!
5/13: Making silly faces while reading a book at bedtime:
5/15: This cute boy (my nephew, Wyatt) graduated from pre-school and will be headed to kindergarten in the fall!:
The girls and I went to Kiki's for dinner, then to the adorable graduation, then back to Kiki's house to play for a bit before heading home to bed [Jared had left on a trip on 5/13 and is still gone]. These were also taken at the graduation:
![]() |
| My niece, Carma |
5/20: Holy goodness! I just made some peach sorbet using frozen peaches from our tree. It's just frozen peaches and condensed milk (I saw the recipe in Martha Stewart Living mag), although I had frozen the peaches in apple juice to keep them from browning. The girls loved it!
5/20: Looking forward to Bunco tonight! AND Kiki is babysitting and keeping the twins overnight! Woohoo! Their cousin, Carma, has already planned a movie night (Tangled), complete with popcorn, and a sleepover in the basement. She's so cute! The sleepover was Kiki'd idea--she is so awesome and i love her!
The girls had so much fun at the sleep-over at Kiki's, although they wore Kiki out, ha ha! I, on the other hand, had a blast playing Bunco with friends and enjoyed the house to myself that night and a quiet house for a few hours the next morning while I watched LSU win their first game of the SEC tournament. I had fun hanging out at Kiki's for a couple of hours when I went to pick up the girls and they, of course, did not want to come home. That Aunt Kiki sure is fun! I'm pretty sure she was ready for them to leave, though, ha ha! I guess I don't realize how much energy they take to care for and how much they talk and ask for stuff, the little divas, ha ha! She said they are so funny, though, and they definitely are!
5/22: Still laughing about something that happened last night: Avery was sitting on the potty and Makenna was sitting on the edge of the tub to keep her company while I was in the kitchen. All of the sudden, I heard a thud and, "Are you okay?" Makenna had fallen into the tub. Once I saw that she was okay, I couldn't stop laughing. But it was so sweet for Avery to ask her if she was okay.
5/22: I was craving some more of that peach sorbet but I didn't have any more condensed milk so I made some using powdered milk. The girls and I did not like it! It smells like cat pee and I imagine it tastes quite a bit like it, too. Bummer.
5/22: Self-portrait by Makenna. How cute is that??
5/23: Makenna just now: "I'm getting out of my chair 'cause I'm really frustrated!"
Today: LSU = SEC Baseball Champs! I just barely finished watching the game because I had to record it while I was at church. I didn't get home until 2 hours after the game started, then I watched the entire game. Geaux Tigers! Bregman is phenomenal! It's amazing the plays he can get!!! My basement is a wreck because the twins played downstairs while I watched the game but it was worth it!
I watched quite a bit of LSU baseball this week (4 games) and will be watching more soon, as the Regionals start on 5/30, with LSU being one of the 16 Regionial hosts, hoping they make it to the College World Series. I have high hopes since, in eight straight wins, LSU has outscored its opponents 87-8, including 31-4 in the SEC tournament. Geaux Tigers!
Jared was gonna come home today and we had plans to go to Hoytsville for some Memorial Day activities tomorrow but he had to extend his trip, so now the girls and I have nothing to do tomorrow. :( AND, Jared will be gone for his birthday on Tuesday. Bummer! Hoping we can do some fun stuff in the few days he's home next weekend!












0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment