5/26: So
the girls and I went grocery shopping before lunch today; as we were
eating lunch just after getting home, I realized that I had left my
phone in the shopping cart out in the parking lot!!! After eating as
quickly as I could and trying to get the girls to eat quickly (they took
FOREVER, of course!), we said a prayer on our way out the door that I
would be able to easily find the phone. We got
back to the store an hour after we had left and that shopping cart was
in the exact same spot where I had left it and the phone was there,
unharmed. I was shocked, since we used one of those carts with the blue
add-on where two kids can side side-by-side, and those are always in
high demand. I couldn't believe it was still there after an hour! So
relieved and thankful! Especially since we don't have a landline!
5/26: I hope everyone is having a fabulous Memorial
day and enjoying the freedoms that so many have fight and died for. It's
a gorgeous day here in Utah! We're headed to Kiki's house in a bit for a
BBQ.
We had fun at Kiki's. The girls enjoyed jumping on her trampoline and we had an awesome dinner and cake.



5/27: In the photo below, the top cake is from Pinterest. The bottom one is the cake Kiki made yesterday, ha ha! We were laughing so hard! It was so yummy, though!
5/28: When
kids get sick and puke why is it always in the middle of the night??
Poor little Avery puked 6 times from 2 to 4 a.m. Then at 6 and 7. Sweet
Makenna was so worried about her sister. She kept asking if Avery was
going to be ok and asking what she could do to help; every time I was at
Avery's bedside Makenna was next to me and, at one point, she even got
into Avery's bed to rub her back while she
was puking. It was so sweet but she is definitely exhausted today and
actually slept until 10 when I woke her up because I still want them to
nap and have a semblance of our normal routine. It was so sad, though,
Avery was so miserable. Poor thing. She seems to be feeling better today
but doesn't want any food so we'll see...
P.S. Avery didn't
get any puke on her bed; the first time, she puked in my hands because I
was there rubbing her tummy, then she puked in a bowl each time after
that so at least I'm thankful that I didn't have a bunch of puke to
clean up!! Now to make it through the day on very little sleep!!
--Avery did end up eating a late breakfast, then the rest of the meals, and was completely back to normal.
5/29: I
just happened to look on the video monitor when Avery awoke from her nap
and I watched her get out of bed, go and cover Makenna with a blanket,
then leave the room. Aaaaw!
This morning at breakfast, Makenna
told me I needed to finish my milk so I can grow bigger like Daddy so I
can reach the glow-in-the-dark spider that he tied on the pull-string
on their bedroom light. They've been asking me to get it down for the
2+ weeks Jared has been out of town but I can't reach it. I guess he
can get it when he comes home tonight!
5/29: I love to hear Avery sing along with the songs on Frozen! SO cute! The girls watch it at least once a day, btw.
5/29: A beautiful evening tonight with the family
sitting on the porch in my LSU rocking chair watching Jared cut the
grass, playing with rolie polies on the front yard, and drawing with
chalk on the sidewalk. Poor Jared drove 16 hours home today after a 2+
week trip, then cut the front yard after dinner. It REALLY needed it!!
It felt awesome outside, though.
5/31: If Makenna doesn't know the answer to a question, she says, "I can't know!"
6/1: Disappointed that my Tigers lost but had a great time hanging out with the Vincents. We'll get 'em tomorrow night, Tigers!!
*LSU won their first two games in the Regional tournament but ended up losing the next two, so they are out of the NCAA tournament and won't be going to the College World Series. :( :( :( The Vincents are fellow LSU fans who live in our neighborhood. Bro. Vincent grew up in Louisiana and we have fun talking about LSU and watching occasional games together.
6/2: Jumping on our new trampline right after setting it up and getting sprayed by the hose
6/2: My
day was great (we set up our new trampoline and watched the girls have a
blast jumping on it while getting cooled off by the hose, I went
shopping by myself, and we had a weenie/s'mores roast in the backyard);
but then LSU played a LOUSY game and lost the Regional. Congrats to Houston, and kudos to your pitchers and coaches.
6/3: Another
all-night puke fest that started at 1:30am, this time it was Makenna.
At least Jared was here this time and and took care of all the puke on
her bed and slept on the couch with her. I finally went to bed at 4:00
and she was still dry-heaving a lot.
The saddest part is she and Avery are supposed to have their first
dance class today. Guess I'll just bring Avery. I'm sure I'll be more
bummed than Makenna. I hope she feels better today!
6/3: A little bit ago, Avery gave Makenna some of
her trail mix and Makenna ate 2 peanuts and an M&M; she promptly
puked it up, along with some water she had just drank. She is pretty
miserable.
Avery spent 5 min. surrounding Makenna with a bunch of her stuffed
animals and toys and lovingly covering her with blankets and lovies. So
sweet! Avery is just fine and I hope she stays that way!
6/3: First dance class! Sadly, Makenna was sick and couldn't go.
I was so proud of Avery. The twins never do anything separately, so I
wasn't sure if she would go to the class alone easily. But she went
right in, talked to other girls, followed directions, and had a great time. And look SUPER CUTE to boot! I can't wait for Makenna to join her next week!
P.S. This was a dream come true for me--being able to bring a daughter to dance class. I waited so long for this! I really wish Makenna could have been there, too, but there's always next week.
Avery before heading to dance class and a couple of shots at dance class, and one of poor Makenna--you can see how miserable she was that whole day:
Here's a video of the ultra-cuteness:
6/4: I
might lose my mind today. I am now sick with sore throat, ear ache, and
runny nose. Makenna is crying because she feels like she needs to puke
again (she puked again last night, just water since all she ate
yesterday was a few bites of food) and Avery is crying because she wants
to jump on the trampoline but doesn't want to go outside by herself.
And Jared left on a trip a bit ago. Not the best day ever.
6/5: Poor
Makenna. She is over whatever virus she had the past two days but came
in my room crying just before 7:30 this morning and holding her neck.
She said she fell off the bed (it's a toddler bed, so probably less than
two feet) and I think she has a muscle strain in her neck. Poor baby
cries every time I move her and she has stayed on the couch all day for
the third day in a row! A long nap seemed
to do some good, so I'm hoping it will feel all better tomorrow
morning. I've given her Ibuprofen throughout the day and put ice and
heat on it. I know how she feels, so I feel awful for her. I really
hope she'll be back to her old self tomorrow so the girls can go play
outside and jump on the trampoline! Oh, and I hope this head cold of
mine goes away! My head feels like it's gonna explode and my nose is
raw from blowing it so much. Ick! Praying hard that this doesn't turn
into bronchitis like it has a couple of times before!! Being a sick mom
sucks!!!
I sure hope I feel better tomorrow because this house is a DISASTER AREA!
--So Wed. and Thurs., I had a head cold (sore throat, sinus congestion and runny nose, ear aches); Thurs. night, it moved down into my chest. I could barely talk all day on Friday and started coughing quite a bit. The past two nights have been pretty sleepless, due to wheezing and coughing. :(
6/8: I am
coughing up a storm and exhausted from not sleeping due to said coughing
and wheezing, and I don't want to bring any germs to the nursery kids,
so I'm staying home from church today. However, my AWESOME neighbor
offered to bring the girls to church with her! They'll just go to their
classes--I don't want her to be tortured by them during sacrament
meeting ha ha. Thanks so much, Jessica!
It will be nice for the girls to get out of the house since Makenna was
sick earlier this week before I got sick so we have just sat around all
week. Poor girls, especially Avery!
Makenna
slept until 10:00 this morning. I think my coughing woke her up at 4
and she came in my bed, then I'm sure my coughing kept her up all night.
She must have been pretty tired to sleep that late! Too bad Avery
didn't sleep as late.
All I can do is hope that I get over this SOON because I have SO MUCH to do in the next week & 1/2. I am hosting Bunco at my house Wed. night and this house is a MESS plus I need to go shopping for treat and prizes. I also need to find time to go clothes shopping for the trip to Boston next week that Jared and I are taking for his company annual leadership conference. And we have a family reunion this Sat., which I am excited for, then Father's Day and dentist appointments for both Jared and I. PRAYING THAT I WILL FEEL BETTER ASAP!!!
0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment