Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dance class #2, family reunion, Father's Day

I started feeling a little better last Monday but I am STILL coughing a bit.  Not enough to keep me from going to church today, though, so that's good.  Last week was pretty busy. I spent most of Monday cleaning the house after being sick for almost a week.

My brother, Tim, came over on Monday night and we stayed up until 3am talking and he ended up staying until Wed. evening.  The girls had dance on Tues. (more on that below)

Jared was supposed to fly home Tues. night but his flight from Minot, ND to Denver was cancelled and he had to stay there an extra 24 hours, so he didn't get home until 12:30 Wed. night.  I had planned on having Jared watch the girls while I cleaned, shopped, and prepared for Bunco but Kiki stepped in and took them from lunch until the next day!  So Jared and I got to sleep in a bit Thurs. morning and the girls were happy when he was there to pick them up from Kiki's; and, of course, they had a blast having another sleepover at her house!  Jared brought the girls with him to get his haircut, pick up some prescriptions, and fill up my car.  I spent that afternoon shopping for clothes for our trip to Boston this week (I got 3 dresses, 2 skirts, a pair of slacks, and a shirt!), then I went shopping again Fri. evening.  Jared had come home from his trip with some fingernail paint for the girls and a Victoria's Secret gift card for me, which I went and used on a bra, and I also went and bought some jeans and other stuff.  Jared spend a lot of time working on the yard and such.   

6/10: Makenna missed her second dance class. No, she's not sick again, she just wouldn't go in without me and parents aren't allowed in the room during classtime. So frustrating. I was begging, pleading, bribing with a Frosty, showing her how much fun the other girls were having, trying to reason with her ("we pay for these classes!"), etc. Nothing worked. AAAAARGH!!!! Maybe next time.

At least Avery had a blast; she didn't worry about me one single bit. However, she was the one kid who would be off in her own little world, facing the opposite direction than every else, distracting another girl (they were sitting in a circle, supposed to be stretching or something, and Avery crawled right up into another girl's face), etc. I was like, great, I have the problem kids, ha ha!


 
 
Makenna was happy and excited about dance class--until we actually walked in.
Uncle Timmy
Avery doing her own thing during stretch time
 
Learning 1st position

6/12: Jared got home late last night. He was supposed to get home the previous night but his flight from Minot, ND was cancelled so he had to stay another night and day there. I had Bunco at my house, which was so much fun, while the twins stayed at Kiki's again. She is the BEST!!

6/13: Staying up way too late hemming pants that are too long, after finally remembering (re-figuring out) how to do a blind hem (it's been a while). Sucks to have to hem petite length pants! #shortgirlproblems


Yesterday (Sat., 6/14), we went to a Lingmann family reunion at Reed & Carrie's house (Jared's uncle).  It was a western theme party and Carrie went all out!  Cute decorations, a big inflatable water slide, little tents and a felt fire, stick horses, wooden horses to lasso, little gift bags for all the kids with bandanas, stick-on mustaches, mustache rings, treats, sheriff badge stickers, etc., and she had TONS of food--everything from sloppy joes, chips, pasta salad, strawberry jello salad, baked beans, cookies, candy bars, etc.  It was all so awesome.  And the girls also had fun jumpimg on their trampoline and getting in the hot tub.  Here are some of pictures:
Riding stick horses

Dipping their feet in the pool--they didn't stay in very long because it was a little chilly and windy that day

Jumping on the trampoline with a cousin

Cowgirl Grandma

We brought our box of balloons and pump that was left over from their 3rd birthday party and all the kids (and adults) had fun playing with them and twisting them into things

The cute tents and felt campfire

Cute decorations on the table for Spencer and Alyssa's baby shower



Avery blowing on the fire

Makenna warming up her hands

Avery sleeping in a tent

Makenna just hanging out in a tent

Riding horses again, this time with the bandanas and mustaches from their treat bags (they wouldn't put the mustaches on their faces, so we put them on their shirts)


Cowboy Jared

Spencer had more fun going down the water slide than any of the kids :)

Playing with Katie

Panning for gold


Relaxin' in the hot tub

The girls didn't want to go down the slide when it was wet, but once the pool was taken off and the slide dried off, all the kids had a blast going on it over and over again at the end of the party


Jared had fun dropping the kids down the slide

Colleen got in on the fun, too

We had so much fun yesterday but it was a LONG day!  We were there for 8 hours and the girls didn't get their nap.  They fell asleep in the car on the way home and we just put them in bed when we got home.  Avery woke up with a tummy ache and Jared put her on the potty--she just needed to poop but she ended up sleeping on the couch with him.  We were all still feeling run-down this morning before church and we all took a nap on the couch afterward, so we didn't do much for Father's Day.  I did get some pics of Jared and the girls before we left for church:


The girls "sang" with the Primary in sacrament meeting.  Makenna went right up and Avery started going up but panicked a little in the stampeded of kids and started crying, so I went to bring her up on the stand but she didn't go so the Primary president told me to just go up and hold her.  So I stood on the stand with all the kids and held Avery, who just waved at Jared most of the time.  I couldn't see Makenna but, apparently, she waved at Jared a lot, too, and yelled, "Hi, Daddy!" during the song, ha ha!  Avery game the theme in Primary.  I didn't really work with her on it, so she didn't have it memorized but she went up there without me or Jared--we were standing outside the door and peeked in to watch her.  We weren't sure if she would go up without one of us bringing her but she did great!  Didn't show one ounce of shyness.  You just never know what those little stinkers are gonna do!  They came home with a questionnaire about Jared.  I'll have to post their answers later.

Jared and I have a busy week coming up.  We're leaving for Boston on Wed.!  Woohooooo!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: