4/28: My girls really want a trampoline now after jumping on Kiki's new trampoline yesterday evening!
P.S. They are whispering everything right now because one of the baby
dolls is sleeping. I got in trouble for making too much noise while
cleaning off my scrapbook desk.
4/28: One
of the truest quotes EVER: “Cleaning your house while your kids are
still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing”
(Phyllis Diller)
And trying to clean with them "helping" is dang near impossible! I was trying to organIze some of their stuff today and they kept picking up things that I had put aside and putting them back in places I had just taken them out of!
Oh and WHY does it never fail that, as soon as we sit down for dinner, Avery has to go pee (which means I have to get up and go help her)?
I love my kids!
And trying to clean with them "helping" is dang near impossible! I was trying to organIze some of their stuff today and they kept picking up things that I had put aside and putting them back in places I had just taken them out of!
Oh and WHY does it never fail that, as soon as we sit down for dinner, Avery has to go pee (which means I have to get up and go help her)?
I love my kids!
4/29: After testing my patience by doing puzzles
with them both (MOMMY, WHERE DOES THIS GO? over and over and over), they
are now working on Paint with Water masterpieces.
Funny
story: During dinner, Makenna tooted then Avery burped, which they
thought was hilarious. I explained to them that it's not nice to toot or
burp at the table. I told them not to do it when they go to Grandma's
this weekend and don't do it at anyone else's house. Avery said, "OK,
we'll just do it at your house!" Ha ha ha!
May 2: Girls Weekend with Kiki and our awesome friends, Amiee, Jamie, and Sarah (who flew in from VA) started! We all stayed at my house the entire weekend and had SO MUCH FUN! We started with lunch on Friday at The Wild Zucchini, then had ice cream at Farr's. After chatting it up for a few hours at the house, we went and karaoked that night. Since we last went to that place, they started closing down at 11pm, so that was a huge bummer and we barely got to sing anything. But it was fun just to be together. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning hanging out. Here are some pics of us before heading to karaoke:
This one cracks me up!On Sat., we all headed to The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Jamie's birthday. After eating, we went and shopped in the mall for a while. That night, we just ate snacks for dinner (Sarah's spinach and artichoke dip was super yummy!) and we stayed up really late again watching a movie, chatting, and playing Personalities. It was SOOOOO FUN!
Sunday, we just lounged around and watched a movie and enjoyed each other's company. It was the best weekend ever. I love my BFFs!
P.S. The twins had fun with Daddy staying at Grandma's for the weekend and got to see Grandpa, too. They had a really fun weekend, too!
5/5: After
we put the twins down for their nap, I couldn't find my cell phone
anywhere and Jared tried calling it several times but we never heard it
ring so I finally went and asked the girls (they weren't asleep yet) if
they knew where it was. Makenna said, "It's in the shoe bag in the coat
factory!" It took me a minute to figure it out but, sure enough, I
found it in a grocery bag with their tennis shoes in the coat closet, ha
ha! I had to wipe dirt off of it. Jared and I were laughing so hard!
5/6: I heard Makenna doing something in the bathroom so I went to check things out and found her using Jared's toothbrush to clean her squishy ball with soap, HA HA!!
Jared said he's glad he got a new toothbrush at his dentist appointment today.
5/9: While
we were finishing breakfast, I started leaving the room and told the
girls I needed to go potty. Makenna said, "Run! Before you leak your
pants!" Ha ha ha!
We planted our garden on Friday, 5/9, even though it was a little chilly and even sprinkled on a bit--just barely and only for a few minutes, though. The girls sure had fun helping.
And they were thrilled to see a rainbow!
They kept sneaking the hose from the tomato plants and watering their mud hole for digging:
Avery even got to help Daddy plant her cherry tomato plant because she loves cherry tomatoes so much:
Sadly, our red Betta fish died that day and we all went and got a new blue one on Sat.:
I also picked out my Mother's Day gift, some ear buds with a microphone and remote to use with my phone when I'm Voxing with my besties. :)
5/10: Fishing in the sink. :)
5/11: Mother's Day was spent getting ready for church, video chatting with Jason and a few others in the family, taking some pre-church photos with my girls, and having a grilled steak, baked potatoes, green beans, rolls, and various flavors of cheesecake with Grandma. The girls had fun playing outside with Grandma while Daddy was grilling the steaks and I was inside cooking. They also loved giving her a Mother's Day gift and birthday gift (photo books).
The twins sang with the Primary in sacrament meeting for the first time, as well. I waited so long to see kids of my own up there singing Mother's Day songs that I totally cried. I'm such a sap. P.S. They didn't really sing. And they almost didn't leave the stand--the bishop had to tell them to leave. When Makenna got back to our bench, she said, "I didn't sing!" Ha ha! Jared took a video of it with his phone and I'll post it soon after he gets it to me.
It was pretty chilly and windy all of last week and is still chilly today. I really hope it warms up again this week so we can play outside more!





















0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment