Sunday, May 29, 2011

Surgery, bananas, silliness

First, a video of what happens when a stubborn girl (Makenna) won't go down for a nap, then you leave the room (with her sitting up in a Boppy) for just a couple of minutes; she woke up when I started talking (5/19):


Nikki left last Sat. (5/21). I snapped some photos of her and the girls before she walked out the door:
The girls had bananas for the first time on Friday. Avery thought they were pretty good but Makenna, not so much, as you'll see in the video, ha ha! Avery made a cute mess:



Cleo took advantage of us leaving a Boppy on the floor, silly dog:


Jared had hernia surgery this past Wed.--the only way for him to get a few days off and be able to stay home on his birthday, ha ha! I made German pancakes for him (complete with homemade buttermilk syrup), which he requested for his birthday dinner:

Jared thinks it's funny to surround the girls with all of the stuff animals and toys we own:

Just some cute videos of the girls playing--Makenna is grabbing at stuff really well now, so she enjoys playing in the baby gym more and more and will play with that rattle for a good while and keep herself entertained:




Avery is kind of starting to grab at stuff, but not really. And she still hasn't started grabbing at her toes yet, like Makenna has. But she rolls over onto her stomach and can squirm around more than Makenna does. That makes trouble in the crib, though, because I always have to check on her and move her so her head isn't up against the side of the crib or her leg isn't through the slats. Oh, and she has started sleeping on her stomach, face down. Drives me nuts! They are both starting to notice the pets. Avery smiles really big at Cleo when she sees her. So cute! Makenna "talks" quite a bit--she has a "chat" every evening with Daddy. It's adorable.

It's amazing how different the girls are--different in almost every way possible. Another difference, other than differences I've mentioned in previous posts, is that Makenna will typically go to sleep easier during the day while Avery goes right to sleep at night. Avery tends to get cranky during the day and fights going to sleep for naps but will just roll over and go right to sleep when I put her in the crib at night. Makenna usually just goes to sleep fairly easy during the day but really throws some fits at night when I try to put her in her crib. Last night, she threw a good one every time I tried to put her down in the crib and she was waking Avery up so I ended up letting her sleep with me all night. Little stinker! We still need to set up the 2nd crib so I can sleep train her in the nursery and let Avery sleep in the crib in our room.

So that's what the girls are like at the moment. Every week, they do more and more, so I'm sure I'll have more stuff to post next week! :)

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: