Sunday, April 27, 2008

I feel so old!

I went to Cub Scout day camp yesterday in Gonzales (about 50 min. from my house), which lasted from 8am-4pm (was supposed to go 'til 5 but it rained). I helped out with the Webelos all day (10-year-olds). They made wooden toolboxes, went canoeing, shot BB guns, went swimming (learned water safety), made and cooked tin foil dinners for lunch, raced regatta boats, had an archery lesson, and went on a hike. The hike was interesting because it started pouring and the trail was rough and extremely muddy and had been worked over by horses so it made walking through it very difficult! I also stood most of the day, which is never good for my back. By the time I got home last night, my back was spasming, my feet ached, and I was exhausted. It was a lot of fun, though. They even fed us jambalaya at the end.

The downside is that I was supposed to go straight from there to my niece's birthday party. She turned 3 at the end of March and we had a family party at Chuck E. Cheese on her birthday (it was EXTREMELY crowded on a Sat. night!!) but her parents threw a party for her yesterday evening to celebrate with her friends, as well. I was in so much pain and so extremely tired, though, that I just came home and showered, vegged for a couple hours, took a long hot bath in the jetted tub, then went to bed early. It didn't help that I was soaked through and through and would have had to come home, take a shower and change, then go all the way to their house (30-35 min.). The party would have been way over by the time I got there. Anyway, I feel pretty bad about not going but at least we had already celebrated with her and had a party on her actual birthday. BTW, I don't have any from Belle's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese because I forgot to bring my camera--something I never do. I was so upset but I will just have to get pics from my brother.

I still feel beat because I had to wake up at 6am this morning to drive to Slaughter for a meeting with their Primary presidency and their branch conference. At least they fed us REALLY WELL afterwards so I didn't have to worry about coming home and making lunch (and Jared ended up having to work all day, anyway).

I finally put pics from my camera onto the computer, so here's some from the last few weeks:

I watched Belle at my house for a few hours on 3/28; here she is feeding the duck in the pond next door:


I babysat her all day on 4/19 and she was having fun singing into the microphone:

She also played on my marimba:

And we played outside for a bit:On 4/20, we all went over to my parents' house for dinner. When we walked in the door, this what we saw (sucker given to her by Maw-maw!):Belle sure does love her Uncle Timmy!

Jared just walked in from work (poor thing got called into work on his way to church this morning and has been working all day), so I'm gonna go hang out with him. Bye!

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Kikibug said...

Wow, you are super busy. That scout camp thing sounds like my nightmare.. I would HATE walking through mud.. but the Jambalaya sounds good.

Belles is so cute. I talked to her on the phone and her voice just makes me melt. I honestly forget how sweet she is and then when I hear her talk I just want to squeeze her!!
She is so busy, I can tell from the pictures.. what a mess! A CUTE mess!