Kristy Lee Cook went home! She's a very cute girl but was far below the others in regards to vocal capabilities. I don't think she ever sang more than 80% of her notes in tune.
My thoughts on this week of AI:
David A.--not my favorite song but he sang the heck out of it. I just love his voice. And I want to squeeze his cheeks and say "you're so cute!"
David C.--the beginning sounded a little rough to me at first but I ended up loving the arrangment and his performance. The end of the song, when he got out of his lower register, really rocked!
Brooke--Loved her version; had a couple of rough notes and I agree with Paula that she lost confidence and rushed the end but I still enjoyed it overall. I love that I always feel her emotions when she sings.
Jason--Don't know what Randy was smokin' but I loved his version and thought he sang it great. I'm glad he turned the guitar part over to someone else so we could concentrate more on him and his voice. Don't get me wrong, I love when he plays guitar, too, but it was nice to see him without it, too.
Carly--Pretty good, not great. Simon was right on the money about her over-thinking and being wound up. All her smiles while the judges talk seem SO fake to me.
Syesha--I barely even remember that she performed.
Kristy--I agree with Simon--whiny! And mostly out of tune. Yuck. Mariah must have been on crack when she said she gave her goosebumps and sang the song better than she did!
Any bets on who gets booted next? I hope it's Syesha or Carly, not Brooke.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Finally!
Posted by Dana Marie at 1:09 PM
Labels: American Idol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
TOTALLY AGREE with your comments. Except I like Siesha's performance...but I think there are LOTS of people in Gospel choirs who sound just like her.. she doesn't stand out. So I guess I agree there too. I am glad Kristy went home... and YES, Carly needs to go!
Post a Comment