
Here's my assessment of the performances this week (in order of my preferences):
*David A.--I loved him singing that song and thought he did great; although I have really liked him on the piano previously, I think he could have sung it even better if he hadn't played piano. It was definitely 100 times better than the Jessica Simpson version, that's fo sho!!!
*David C.--I have liked him so much the past few weeks but he really stunk up that song!! I'm sure he'll do much better next week.
*Michael--I loved the performance. I really didn't think he would go to the high notes but he did and I liked it!
*Brooke--There were a few shaky notes ("pitchy" as Randy would say) but I really liked the performance as a whole; I thought it was really heart-felt.
*Jason--Loved his rendition of that song. Suited him very well and I just love his style.
*Carly--Looks way too angry when she sings! Good voice, though.
*Syesha--I just don't ever feel a connection with her. I'd rather listen to her sing any day rather than Fantasia, though!
*Kristy--Eh. OK. I didn't think it was as good as other people are saying. Too many pitch problems. I think she has the weakest voice of the bunch, too.
I think/wish Kristy would go home tonight but I'm pretty sure it will be either Carly or Syesha. If I had to bet, I'd say Carly.
Not much else to post about. Besides the usual piano lessons and playing volleyball every Friday, I've just been doing lots of Cub Scout stuff and gearing up for girls' camp, which includes going to their activities every Wed. night. Now if I can just get the fundraisers done with!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
American Idol top 8
Posted by Dana Marie at 2:02 PM
Labels: American Idol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Hey. I was SURPRISED that the aussie guy went home!??? HUH? I thought he did pretty good on that song but whateva. I think Syesha needs to go. Kristy has a "weak" voice AND personality is kinda boring, too. I like the look of your new blog. Where did you get it??? I have the same prob kiki mentioned in her's about new templates deleting all your stuff...so that sucks. Oh, and I would still come see your blog if you made it private...bc once I log into blogger, it keeps me logged in so when I go to any "private" blogs that I'm invited to, It automatically lets me into it.
I pretty much agree with you. My top two favs are brooke and david A and the other david a close 3rd. Carly is an angry soul isn't she, the tatoos don't do anything for her and I agree with simon in that she never dresses like a star she wears strange clothing. Kristy doesn't have a strong enough voice and she dances kinda funny. Syesha is 'forgettable' as simon would say. I think Jason is adorable and he kinda reminds me of a beach bum, just sitting on the beach singing his chilled out music while playing the guitar, but I don't think he will win. Sad that Michael JOhns got the boot cause he definatley has the AI vibe. I love AI and now that it's the top 7 things are gettin good.
bummer that michael was shown the door - i would have liked to see jason, syesha and carly go way before michael. my american idol pick is david archuleta and dave cook coming in second.
I ditto what everyone else says.. WHAT. how did he go first?? WIERD! I hope Carly goes next, she BUGS!
OK, I want my picture to show up on my comment, I just added one to my profile how did y'all get yours to show.
AHA! there it is, it worked!
Post a Comment