Global Wildlife Center is a free-roaming wildlife preserve on 900 acres of land in Folsum, LA that does guided safari wagon tours. They have bison, giraffes, zebras, camels, eland, many different kinds of deer (thousands of deer!), rhea birds, miniature Sicilian donkeys, llama, and other animals I know I'm forgetting. The cool thing is that you're able to feed all the animals (except the zebras--they're too aggressive) right from the wagons. The giraffes can even be fed out of your hand. Two baby giraffes were born in the last couple of weeks. See http://www.globalwildlife.com/ for more info.
I went with my parents, niece, sister, and BIL on Tuesday. Of course it was hot as heck--102--and humid as all get-out!!! But it was still fun and, no matter how many times I've been there, I'm always still fascinated by all the beautiful animals--especially the giraffes.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
About Global Wildlife Center
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
That sounds like a wonderful outing. Glad I found your blog. I'm also LDS and also love taking photos of animals. Thanks for sharing. I'll be back. Come and visit my blog any time.
awesome - cant wait to see the scrapbook pages! your neice is so cute!
yeah belle is sure a cutie pie! it is fun to see those pics of the animals. especially the baby giraffes. so adorable! i want to pet those!
Wow, I just went through and looked at all your new posts! Love them!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun - cant wait to see you here in Utah - have fun!
Post a Comment