Friday, June 08, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring!

Trying to get used to seeing real rainstorms again. It has rained quite a bit since we moved here. The thunder and lightning scares the crap out me! With the ceilings in this house being so dang high, the thunder echoes through the entire house and makes it louder, I’m sure! It makes me laugh, though, when it scares Chloe to death and she runs from the room frantic! Ha ha ha! So cruel.

I am so paranoid about one of the huge pine trees behind our house falling on the house, too. I’m usually not scared or paranoid about a lot of things but I am of trees falling. Could be because Jared and I, plus a BIL, almost got crushed by a tree that got hit by lightning while we were camping up in Wyoming a few years ago. It was so scary! While I’m thinking about it, I should share the LO I did of it, hee hee!

I like the rain itself, though. I’m looking out my scraproom window and there is a huge, beautiful crane standing by the pond, in the rain, just looking into the pond. Wonder what he’s doing? I just went and took some pictures of him. If they came out half-way decent (because he’s a little far away, through the window and the rain), I’ll post them in a bit. I want to get pics of him flying away but he’s just standing there too long and I don’t feel like standing at the window with my camera all day.

Wow, exciting stuff, huh? It’s that kind of day. J

2 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Anonymous said...

Derek and I still talk about that traumatic night in the mountains....where we were all running and scrambling for cover amid the lightning flashes and trees falling...amazed we all got out with no injuries or worse...

Kikibug said...

I know you think it is boring to post those kind of days, but I like it! I like hearing about it all. Rainy days and everything. That is so funny that Chloe is so scared. Why is it so funny to see animals (and people) get scared. You know how Carma HATES weird textured things, well Michael was teasing her and tied a snake around her wrist. I have never heard her scream in fear that way. It was so funny, isn't that mean. We took it off as soon as we could but it was so funny. She is a cute, but weird kid!!