Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Hey, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve. Jared and I left Friday afternoon and drove up to Rigby, ID to his sister's house for the weekend. We celebrated our nephew's 2nd birthday (which was actually on Christmas Eve but my SIL had to work, so she couldn't come down to have Christmas with us all). My MIL, BIL and 2 other SIL's were there that night and we played games until really late--they left the next morning.

The birthday boy opening presents, with the help of his big brother:

The birthday boy with a piece of his cake:


DH and I took his sister and her two boys out to dinner Sat. night. For New Year's Eve, we had snacks, watched the ball drop, and played games (You Don't Know Jack, Clue, Yahtzee, and Boggle) until after 1am. Our 3-yr.-old nephew had been put to bed but kept getting up and ended up staying up with us until we went to bed! It was a laid back, fun New Year's Eve. We got up this morning and drove the four hours home.

Me and SIL, playing Boggle last night:

Nephew and SIL:

DH playing Yahtzee:


As we drove back, we listed to a couple of bowl games (the Tennesse game and the Arkansas game) and got home just in time for me to watch the Rose Bowl. I rooted for Tenn., Ark., and Michigan and none of them won. Thumbs Down I just hope my Tigers do well on Wed.!!!

Here's a LO I did last week for DT assignment--I plan to hang it up on my scraproom wall, where I will see it every day:


I would like to give a shout out to my friend, Meredith, for her birthday today--I hope you had a great day, Mer! Happy Birthday

And, finally, I want to wish everyone a very prosperous New Year--may this year bring you everything you wish for.

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Monica and the team said...

happy new year dana! love your resolution page !