Saturday, January 13, 2007

Long, fun day!

After not sleeping well last night because of strong winds outside, I left the house at 7:45 this morning and did a breakfast with the children at my church, then went directly from there to a baptism. As soon as I got home, my sister called me and invited DH and I to go sledding/tubing, so we hurried up and got ready, blew up a few innertubes and went tubing. After 8 1/2 years of living in Utah, this was my first time! It was so much fun! It was FREEZING today (in the teens) but I wore so many layers that I was actually pretty warm after walking up the hill so many times! I had three pairs of pants (thermals, cotton strechy pants, and jeans), a long-sleeve t-shirt, a hooded sweatshirt, BIG coat, scarf, hat, THICK socks and insulated boots.

I came home and napped for an hour (well, probably only slept for 30 min.), then DH and I went out to dinner at Red Lobster with one of his co-workers and his wife. When we got home, my sister who lives in our basement came up and chatted for a while, then we migrated downstairs and hung out a little with her and her fiance' and watched the end of the Saints game (yay, they won!!!). I now have to prepare a lesson to give to the kids in Sunday School tomorrow but I am so pooped! Long day but I have to say that I enjoyed every moment of it! Here are some pics of us tubing today:

My niece, all geared up in snow clothes, so cute!!! She could barely walk!


Me, heading down the hill for the first time


A view of the hill from the bottom


My sis and niece coming down the hill--you can't tell in the pic but my niece DID NOT LIKE tubing!!!


DH on one of his turns


BIL and nephew, havin' fun!


My niece was not happy after getting off the tube, hee hee! Oh, and notice my BIL and nephew in the background, ha ha ha!


Couldn't resist another shot of my niece


I sure did have fun!!!


DH came down together, holding hands

And, as always, here are a few of my latest LO's:


Nieces


Nieces


Nieces


SIL and her family


Members of my family and DH's


Nieces

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Monica and the team said...

love the tubing pictures! layouts as always are adorable - love the attitude ! :D tfs!