I've just been getting into the swing of being home again. It's amazing what being gone for only 2 weeks can do to ya'! It took me amost a week to fully unpack my suitcases and get caught up on the house and church stuff. Christmas also started in full gear as soon as I returned. We trimmed our tree and put up all our decorations in the house, with the help of my SIL, on 12/2. Afterwards, I read "The Cajun Night Before Christmas" to them (in a REALLY bad Cajun accent):
We had a Christmas party at church on 12/8, in which the kids put on a singing Nativity--it was so cute and they did so well! I played the piano for one song but, other than that, my chorister did all the work--just look at those costumes and props!
On 12/9, we went to Jared's extended family's Christmas party--lots of food, hanging out, and Bingo. After the party, we went to his dad's house, his mom's house, his great-aunt's house, his grandpa's house, then back to his mom's house for visits. We left the house at 10am that morning and didn't get home until 1am!
This week, I haven't done much except sing in a Christmas choir concert Sunday night and take Christmas pics for my sis. Here are some of my favorites (we got started late, so there was no natural light left, which means I had to use the flash):
I have so much to do before Christmas! I did make a BUNCH of Christmas cards this week but now I have to buy envelopes and stamps to mail them out. I still need to go shopping for a bunch of people, too! Aaaah! I love and hate this time of year!
Here are my latest LOs from the last two weeks (all pics taken by me):
Nephew, DH's side
Nephew, DH's side
Nephew, DH's side
Christmas with my family
DH's family
DH and his brother
DH and his siblings
DH's mom and sisters
DH's sisters
DH and his dad and brother
My nephew
My niece
My nephew
My sis and her kids
My niece and BIL
OH! And, before I forget...it has come to my attention that some people don't know some of the abbreviations I use (heard some pretty interesting things of what DH could stand for, HA HA HA!), so I am adding a legend of various abbreviations on the left side of the blog for all you non-scrappers and non-messageboarders. Hope that helps! Happy Holiday!!!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Last two weeks
Posted by Dana Marie at 6:35 PM
Labels: Holidays, Nieces/Nephews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
your hubby has a huge family! Great pictures and layouts!
Post a Comment