Saturday, June 03, 2017

2nd Half of May 2017

5/16--Wind, sleet, rain, thunder!
My girls asked for pizza tonight but I didn't have any frozen pizza or canned pizza dough on hand, so I looked for a fast pizza dough recipe. I wasn't expecting it to be all that great and was nervous that I would just waste a bunch of ingredients. It was actually really good! And super easy!! I added Italian seasoning and garlic powder to the dough. Just thought I'd share. :)
5 Minute Pizza Dough Recipe (No Rise, No Knead Dough)

5/16--I took Makenna on a Mommy date yesterday; we got lunch (free quesadilla for her at Cafe Rio, woop!), then went and got her a glove (she wanted blue, not pink! 😄) and a ball and bat for t- ball. Meanwhile, Jared took Avery to Wendy's. After piano lessons, I practiced t-ball (hitting and throwing) with the girls and jumped on the trampoline with them.



5/17--Chilly morning for the girls' bus stop!

2pm: It's actually snowing now. 😨

5/18--Makenna had her first t-ball practice this evening. Even though it was quite chilly, the girls talked me into letting them play on the playground afterward.








5/19--The elementary dance festival (each grade performs a dance; this year, they each did a song from a different era, 1920's-1990's). Even though we arrived 30 min. early, we got seating several rows back on the opposite end of where Avery and Makenna danced, so my pictures aren't that good and the video isn't even worth posting (I forgot the camcorder at home, so Jared filmed using my phone). The girls had fun dancing with all the other kindergartners!




5/20--Avery's gymnastics exhibition and Makenna's last soccer game were at the same time this morning. :( So we had to send Makenna to her game with neighbors (our home teacher), whose daughter is on the same team, while we went to the exhibition. Makenna also had her first t-ball game this afternoon.
Vault:
Bar:

She didn't want to have anything to do with Captain America, ha ha!

Beam:

The Super Heroes in attendance:

Floor routine:



Makenna getting her soccer medal from her coach this morning after their last game of the season (photo sent to me by the coach's wife):
I hate that we missed it. This was the first time the girls have had different activities at the same time.

AND that afternoon--What a gorgeous day for Makenna's first t-ball game! She did really well! She was fighting off boys for the ball the whole game--running for it, sliding for it, jumping on it, ha ha! She went after the ball way more than she ever did for soccer and basketball. Almost all of the kids were forgetting to run as soon as they batted the ball and weren't throwing the ball to base when they caught the ball. Makenna started doing both by the end of the game. :D




Running for home!:



Proud that she got the ball but she didn't get up to throw it to 1st base, ha ha!:

Literally jumping on the balls so the boys couldn't get it! 😆


Playing in the grass during the game:



The girls then went and played over at Bailey's house and had dinner over there. They made mini pizzas and here is what Coralie (Bailey's mom) texted to me afterward: "Makenna had a full on tower of toppings. It was so funny listening to them create. Haha."  :D



5/21--The Primary sang to Jared for his birthday. 😁

5/22--Pajama Day Read-A-Thon, with stuffed animals, snacks and books from home:



One of the girls' friends, Rachel, came over and played for a while that afternoon and their bff, Bailey, stayed and played after I taught her piano lesson. They made Cheerio necklaces and played mostly outside.


5/23--Field Day--they played field games (Red Light Green Light, Duck Duck Goose, etc.), parachute games (Jared was in charge of this), and water games. Then, they got to eat popsicles while they played on the playground. 














Makenna had a t-ball game that night, after which we went and grabbed pizza for dinner.
Waiting for her turn to bat
Makenna batting:




5/24--End of Year party--I planned a carnival theme party. Our games included a dartless balloon game, 1 ping pong balls in cups game, 1 balls in cans game, and one water shooting game (they had to shoot ping pong balls off of golf tees that were set up in foam blocks). I also prepared a photo slideshow from all the class activities throughout the year to watch as they ate treats. For treats, they had popcorn, sliced apples, cotton candy, Class of 2017 ring pops, and lemonade boxes.

Dartless balloon game:


Throwing ping pong balls into cups:
 

Shooting ping pong balls that were set up on golf tees:



Throwing balls into cans:

Snack time: 

The whole class:


Avery begged Makenna to let her paint her toenails that afternoon :D

Someone didn't make it to bedtime. Had too much fun at her class party today.  :)

I was on my computer later that night in my scrapbook room, which is right below the twins' bedroom, when I heard some noises coming from up there. So I checked their camera from my phone and had to record what I saw. Both cats usually follow me downstairs when I got to my scrapbook room but Oreo stayed upstairs that night and, apparently, tried to wake Makenna up. She was obviously not happy with him but it's pretty funny. Shhhh, don't tell Jared about this, he'd be mad at the cat. 😜 🤣


5/25--Last day of kindergarten

Before the bus came: 


Their bus stop buddies for the year (their bff, Bailey, and her brother): 

She found a doodle bug while waiting for the bus:

Gummy bear counting worksheet:


Last day with Mrs. Timoteo, who we LOVED!



Getting of the bus--gave the driver a thank you treat; she is actually retiring:

When the girls got off the bus, Jared shot bubbles at them and we gave them bubble guns, which they really liked:







I took the girls to lunch at Taco Bell, then we went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity for several hours. We sure were tired by the time we got home but we had so much fun together. This was the first time they've done the zipline by themselves--they were always too scared to do it before. They loved it and went on it over and over and over again. And Avery was really scared to go on the rope bridges but she did it, anyway. 😊








The zipline:




Avery's scream at the end of the zipline, ha ha:

The Animal Hospital:

One of the rope bridges: 

Avery talked me into going on the rope bridges with them, after they went by themselves. I was so proud of her for doing it twice, even though she was pretty scared: 

Water Works:


I can't believe my babies are out of kindergarten! They will be in school for the full day next year! 😭

5/27--Jared's birthday

Jared actually did outside work today, including planting the tomatoes and peas, while I did inside work (while I watched an LSU baseball game, ha ha). Jared got the girls to sweep off the trampoline, then he turned a sprinkler on it for them. Avery was also excited to help Jared plant the tomatoes, especially her cherry tomato plant (a yearly tradition, since she loves cherry tomatoes).






JaNene came over in the late afternoon and we all went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse for dinner, after a quick trip to Home Depot. Jared made JaNene get on the saddle before he did because her birthday was last week. :)

Snapchat fun while waiting for our table:
Avery:

Makenna:
During the meal:
The saddle rides 😊: 




Some pics in the front yard before Grandma headed home. I love when our lillies and roses are blooming. Avery loves it even more. :)









5/29, Memorial Day--We roasted weenies and s'mores this evening and said some thank yous to all the fallen soldiers who were are so grateful for.







5/30--Makenna had a t-ball game
5/31--Avery had gymnastics and I got to go play Bunco :)

That does it for May. :D

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: