Saturday, June 17, 2017

1st Half of June 2017

6/1--Went over and saw a new neighbor's Labradoodle puppies today. There are 12 of them! And we are excited to have a other 6yo girl on our street! :D The twins played over there for a while. :) 


Later that evening, the girls helped Jared plant the garden and they ate some strawberries.

6/2--Grandpa's Birthday--We got up early and drove to Evanston to spend the day with Jared's dad and his sister and her kids. We saw bison, including some bison calves, went on a short walk along the (very fast-moving) river, played on a couple of different playgrounds, and had lunch and birthday cake. The girls didn't last too long in the car when we left before they zonked out.

Playground 1:


Visitor Center:





Bison:

Bison calves:

Geese and gosslings:

The river was high and moving fast!:


This girl LOVES picking flowers!:


The bridge:



Playground 2:


Lunch:

Birthday cake and cupcakes:



Zonked out:


6/3--After grocery shopping, then going and picking out a girl's birthday present, I "got to" coach the t-ball game this afternoon. :P 6yo's playing t-ball is pretty funny. I brought the twins straight from the game to one of their classmate's birthday party, during which I had a nice, quiet break. :) It was nice to end the day with an LSU win--the first half of the game was stressful but I was able to just sit back and relax and watch toward the end. :) Videos from the game:


6/4--The twins and I drove down to Brian Head with Kiki and her family to stay in a cabin for a few nights. The girls are loved the cabin. They couldn't wait to get in the hot tub! And they had fun with cousins. It was kind of late when we got there, so we pretty much just put the kids to bed when we got there.


6/5--We went to Bristlecone Pond after breakfast and played on the playground and fished, went back to the cabin and ate lunch, then the kids played foosball and other games and explored outside and watched a little bit of TV, then we went back to Bristlecone Pond for a while, went back to cabin and played/napped (and Makenna hid and fell asleep in a linen closet!), the girls FINALLY got to get in the hot tub after dinner (they only asked about getting in it about 500 times all day) and I worked on a puzzle with Kiki.



















Makenna gave me a little scare. I went and lay down on the bed to rest and the girls were playing with cousins, then came and colored and played in our room for a bit and Avery and I fell asleep on the bed. I got up to check on Makenna and couldn't find her and no one knew where she was! We were all looking and yelling for her. For some reason, I thought to check in the linen closet in our room. She was in there with the doors closed!









6/6--After breakfast, we hiked to a waterfall in Parowan Canyon (Judson had to stay at the cabin because the top of his feet were so sunburned), Avery wanted to take pictures of all the flowers on the hike; then, we hung out at the cabin after lunch and went back to Bristlecond Pond for a while. I took the 4 youngest kids back to the cabin for a weenie/s'more's/woof em's roast while everyone else stayed at Bristlecone Pond to fish. The twins and Wyatt got in the hot tub for a bit before watching a movie--they stayed up until 11:00 and slept in until 9:00 the next morning!


































6/7--We just packed up after breakfast and the kids got to explore around the cabin for a few minutes while the vehicles were being packed. We stopped at BK for lunch on the way home and got to Kiki's a little after 4:00. It was a great trip!

The puzzle was finally finished not long before we left. We all helped Kiki a little bit over the course of the stay there:



Playing in the car while waiting to leave the cabin--silly kids!




Jared picked the girls and I up from Kiki's house at ~4pm when we got back from Brian Head and we went to two plant nurseries, looking for cucumber plants because the ones we planted a couple of weeks ago didn't do so well. We went home and relaxed for a bit, then the girls went to a friend's birthday pool party from 8-10pm. They had such a blast but didn't get to bed until 11pm for the second night in a row. They slept until after 10 the next morning!








6/8--Kids are funny. They love dressing stuffed animals in any kind of cloths they can come up with, in this case, towels and a baby burping cloth, all taped together with clear tape, then socks were added. :D



6/9--Avery & Makenna had fun playing with cousins today; Carma and Wyatt were at our house all day. :) They watched movies, we made slushies (using the ice & salt and shake method), and they spent hours working on a fort (i.e. filling the entire living room with chairs, blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, etc., etc.). They had a blast. Well, I'm not sure how much fun Carma had--she is 12 and didn't really participate in the fort building--but I know the others had fun! Wyatt actually wanted to stay and spend the night; he's usually ready to go home after being gone all day and he's never wanted to spend the night without Kiki here. Makenna was a little disappointed that she had to leave for a bit to go to t-ball practice, ha ha.









6/10--Avery and I went with Makenna to her t-ball game that morning, then the girls had fun just playing with each other all day, and I got to watch the LSU baseball game that night (which they won). :)
Using cloth they found in my craft closet to dress up and dance:

6/11--My cheerleaders for the game. This was all their idea. 😊 Geaux Tigers!! 🐯⚾️


6/12--While I was making dinner Sat. night (6/10), the girls started making bracelets using some bags of beads they found in my craft room. They also made some on Sunday and today. On Sunday, I heard them discussing all the friends they were gonna make them for and Avery said, "That's a lot of bracelets, sister!" 😂😂 They delivered a couple of the bracelets on today and we'll deliver more in the next few days. :D It was also entertaining hearing them discuss if their friend, Jason, would want one or not. They are too funny. These pics are from Sat.:



6/13--So I cleaned my carpets last night so, OF COURSE, one of the cats puked in the hallway this morning! 😒

The girls had fun at the 6-8 yr. club at the library that afternoon:



6/15--I had 11 ladies over for Bunco. I made jambalaya, served with salad with homemade ranch dressing and French bread, and pecan pie bars. For the gifts, I went with a movie theme and gave out movie theater gift cards in envelopes I cut  with my cutting machine and decorated; the door prizes were Redbox codes, which I printed on "movie tickets" and tied (3 each) to a bag of microwave popcorn using jute.
It was a lot of work, cleaning and cooking, but it was so much fun and I actually won the biggest prize, a $35 movie theater gift card! :D

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: