Saturday, July 01, 2017

2nd Half of June 2017

6/16--Having fun with a friend over today.



Building a fort later:


Oreo did not appreciate us putting a headband on him. 🤣

6/17--Makenna had her last t-ball game today. It was windy and a bit chilly! Avery spent the whole game cuddled up, mostly in my lap (which I loved because I was chilly, too). It was fun to have Makenna in t-ball. Hopefully, she'll do coach-pitched next year!





6/18--For Father's Day, I personalized a hammer and a fishing lure for Jared and did questionnaires with the girls about him and they made cards for him. Happy Father's Day, Jared!








6/21--My brother and his girls are here from Louisiana and we went bowling and played laser tag today. So fun! The twins loved laser tag; Avery shot Ben a LOT and she beat Kiki and I at bowling, ha ha!












That evening, I had a blast watching the LSU baseball game with Ben. We beat FSU!

Hangin' at Kiki's after dinner and the game, watching some weird kids show.


Later that night:
Aw!

6/22--Had a picnic, played on the playground, and sat by the river at Nunn's Park, then went and waded in the mouth of Bridal Veil Falls; then, the girls all went and bought t-shirt at Wal-mart, then we all headed to my house, where we grilled burgers and I put vinyl on shirts for Belle, Brenna and Carma while everyone watched The LEGO Batman Movie.















6/23--Hike to Stewart Falls. 4 miles round trip on a steep, rocky trail was a little much for poor little Avery but she was glad she went (when I asked her a few hours later, ha ha).





 











Had to take lots of flower pictures on the hike to Stewart Falls for Avery.





The girls and I went home to rest and shower (and I watched the recorded LSU game, we beat #1 OSU) and we got our stuff to stay the night at Kiki's. The twins were so excited to have a sleepover.


6/24--We were all so exhausted from the day before that we all just hung out at Kiki's all day and Ben and I watched the LSU baseball game (we beat OSU again, which put us in the CWS Championship!). Awesome game! So fun to watch with Ben! GEAUX TIGERS! 💜🐯⚾️

6/25--After church, the twins and I went to Kiki's and we hung out until Kiki got home from work, then we had dinner before heading to Manila Creek Pond. We were supposed to go up to Tibble Fork Reservoir but there was a fire in Alpine, so AF Canyon was closed. We ended up liking Manila Creek Pond in Pleasant Grove (just a few miles from Kiki's house) and the twins want to go back.













Awesome scenery and the kids had a blast, even though they said the water was cold. [Just ignore the dorky brother in the video🤓, I was trying to capture some of the gorgeous scenery.] I definitely want to take the twins back there, especially since it's less than 20 minutes away from our house!


6/26: We just hung out at Kiki's until it was time for me to take Ben and his girls to the airport, then I went back and picked up the girls. It sure was a fun visit with Ben and his girls but not long enough!

That night: Keeping themselves busy while I watch LSU Baseball (wearing outfits from their first year of dance 3 years ago, ha ha!). LSU lost that first game  of the championship to UF. :(



6/27--[LSU lost the 2nd game of the championship, so Univ. of Floride won the College World Championship.] Of course, I'm a little bummed right now but I'm still proud of my Tigers for getting to the final of the CWS. It was a great season: SEC co-champions, SEC tournament champions, beat OSU, the "unbeatable team", twice in Omaha and lost to their SEC co-champion. Not too bad, if you ask me. Now that my stomach has settled, I can finally go eat dinner. And cry in my (root) beer. ;)
Forever LSU!

6/28--We enjoyed the puppet show at the library today. :)



We then went and picked up a Walmart grocery order, ate lunch, and Jared brought Avery to gymnastics and and I taught 5 piano lessons. Bailey and Eliza came over to play and Bailey stayed for dinner. That equals fun for the girls. :) Bailey, who is also one of my piano students made this and brought it to me today after her lesson:

I finally picked up the dance recital portraits from last month.


6/29--I got up to take the girls to our weekly ward park group (the group meets at a different park every week) but the girls said they didn't like the park we were going to so we stayed home. They begged me to take them to the dinosaur museum that afternoon but I wasn't feeling up to it, so I placated them with letting them paint some porcelain figures they've had for a while but had only painted one each.

Makenna's, the one on the left is the one she painted over a year ago:

Avery's, the one on the right is the one she painted over a year ago (she's not quite done with the one on the left):

6/30--Excited to go to the pool with Daddy! And I'm excited for some alone time.

After dinner, we celebrated Whiskers' 3rd birthday. The twins always look forward to Whiskers' birthday. They've been asking about it for over a month and counting down. :) Oreo wanted nothing to do with his birthday hat and wouldn't even stay on the counter to eat with Whiskers. He didn't eat any until we put the plate down on the floor. Happy Birthday, Whiskers! :)

[I just added vinyl to these shirts for them and they love them--they chose what they wanted on the shirts. :D]











0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: