Saturday, May 20, 2017

1st Half of May 2017

5/1--Look what's in our BBQ pit! I think there are 4 or 5 of them. The girls want to hold them so badly, so they were really disappointed when I said they can't even touch them at all.


5/2--I got to go on the kindergarten field trip to Hee Haw Farms. 😊 We had a lot of fun and my group (of 6 kids) was so cute. One of the little girls was TERRIFIED of all the animals, though--I'm talking major anxiety. I felt so bad for her. I just held her, carried her, and tried to calm her down as much as I could (and stay as far away from the animals as I could). Poor thing. She had fun once we got away from the petting zoo part. I think the twins' favorite part was the baby goats. They were so cute!

The bus ride with their friend:
 Petting zoo:




 Playground:

 Wagon ride:


 Big slide:


 Corn pit:
 Other slide:



Their friend came over after we got home from the field trip. The twins couldn't wait to show her the baby birds. And, since we had gone to a farm for their field trip that morning, they asked for hats to play "farmer" in the backyard. 😁


5/3--Watching her sister play soccer this evening. Makenna only played half the game because she got hit right in the gut with a kicked ball and wouldn't go back in the game. :( So that's one and half games she's missed because she got hurt and one she missed because of the funeral on Sat. 🙁

5/4--Dance Recital Rehearsal and pictures afterward:






















5/5--The Recital, pictures before the performance and dinner after the recital with the family members who attended:





Video of the performance:

Dinner at Culver's:


5/8--The baby birds grow so much every day!

 5/9--I went to check on the girls earlier tonight and Makenna had already gotten out of her bed and got into mine. So many funny things about this photo:
*My bed is stripped, as the sheets are being washed, and all the pillows and blankets are piled up but she didn't care
*She got a pair of my slippers that were on the floor and put a teddy bear between them, which she had covered with her lovey
*The foam pillow she's using doesn't have a pillowcase on and you can see where she has picked holes out of it :/
*She turned the lamp on but put my sleeping mask on, as well as a pair of my socks
*Her sleeping position alone made me chuckle
*I was upstairs when she moved to my bed and I didn't even hear her--sneaky little rat! :P

5/12--The girls were so good at their dentist appointment (their 6th one) yesterday! Makenna didn't need any coaxing at all this time. We stopped and got a betta fish on the way home--Lagniappe the 4th. 😂
The twins had an awesome evening with their BFF. She came over when she got home from school and stayed until past bedtime. They played in their room, and in the playroom, we had a weenie and marshmallow roast, they played outside, played some games on the Wii, and played board games (and I got to watch the LSU baseball game). :D



5/13--It was a cold, windy game today. The wind was terrible!



5/14--Before I post about my Mother's Day, I'd like to share this, as I have been thinking of all of of the women who yearn to be mothers but are not yet. I know that nothing anyone can say will lessen your pain, especially today (I hated Mother's Day for so many years and had stopped going to church on Mother's Day, and it's still not the easiest day for me), but I just want you to know that I fully and deeply understand how you feel. You are not alone. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

My Mother's Day haul :)
An 11" tiger statue (I love it!) and LSU hacky sack from Jared and the girls--Jared and Makenna picked them out and snuck them home from our trip to Louisiana last month; the girls planted flowers and decorated the paper flowers in them at school (their teacher is awesome!); I got the candy and roses at church (a special shout out to Megan Roberts!!!).
The notes on the back of the paper flowers say:
Avery's: I love my mom because I love her and she's special (I had to ask her to read it to me, ha ha)
Makenna's: I love my mom because she loves me, she does the dishes, she plays games, she gives treats to me
:D :D :D




My Mother's Day after church with my girls: A game of Operation, then watched baseball while I put together an American Girl Lego set and the twins did a craft (decorated pillows).







0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: