4/10--How girls play with dinosaurs. 😂😂😂
I found this in the notebook that Makenna used on our drive to Louisiana.
Translation:
Mom I love you. I am so sorry, Dad. I love you too. We watched Garfield. We played out in the mud. We are going to Louisiana. I love you Avery. I love you all. I saw windmills. I am writing with a pencil.
She scratched out the picture of Avery. I wonder if she got mad at her at some point. :D And I have no idea what she was sorry for. What a cute little journal entry, though!
4/11--The girls keep putting different clothes on this doll. She's ready for the beach now. 😃
We had a great dinner that night at the twins' favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse, with Jareds dad, brother, and SIL tonight, then they came to our house and hung out for a bit. Fun evening!
4/12--Their BFF has 4 super cute ducklings at her house for a couple of weeks. They couldn't wait to get home from dance class and go see them. They love them!
Makenna's front teeth have been loose for a while and the permanent front teeth started growing in front of the loose teeth, so we decided to pull the loose teeth. Makenna was not happy about it at all but she was glad we did it afterwards. She said it feels funny now and she and Avery were cracking up about how she can't make some sounds properly. :)
4/14--It's a pizza ordered, watching LSU baseball kind of night. I've had a bad headache all day and the girls have been punished from being in the same room because they've gotten in three fights since they got home from school; they are missing each other now, ha ha. Makenna keeps asking if she can go and cuddle with Avery. Hoping my Tigers help me feel better. :D
4/15--Makenna had her first soccer game on Saturday. One of her best friends from school (Brinna), a girl in our neighborhood (Camile), and two girls that ride the same bus are on her team. And the coach seems great. :D It was a little chilly but I think she had a lot of fun and liked it better than basketball--she was actually a little more aggressive than she was playing basketball. She actually went after the ball quite a bit!
We missed our neighborhood egg hunt Sat. morning due to Makenna's first soccer game. That evening, we dyed eggs. Avery had to dress up like a pink rabbit (tail and all) for the occasion. :D
She made nest for all the eggs and had a bunny watching over them:
4/16--Sunday morning, they couldn't wait to look for their baskets. They loved the Beanie Boos (a kitty and a Pug) they got from the Easter Bunny.
Looking for their baskets:
She was so excited that her Beanie Boo is named Kiki! She couldn't wait to tell Aunt Kiki.
Rufus; she was excited it was a Pug:
Eating their dyed eggs for breakfast on Easter morning:
All of the kids sang in church, with me on the piano. That afternoon, Kiki and her family came over for dinner--I made a ham, mashed potatoes, and sweet potato souffle, and Kiki brought a salad, rolls, and a cheesecake. It was all so good, if I do say so myself. ;) My 16yo nephew, Judson, hid all of the eggs for the younger kids and they had fun hunting for them. They also had fun playing together. At the request of Makenna (all her idea), Judson even played soccer in the backyard with her for while. :D And the kids enjoyed playing the twins' Stinky Green Fish game. It was a nice day. I love my family!
Judson hiding the eggs for the younger kids:
Sweet little Carma; not too old yet (12) to hunt eggs :D
Ready to hunt eggs!
Judson put this one a bit too high!
Judson dropped this one right in the middle of that bush, ha ha:
Playing a game before Easter dinner:
Judson was so sweet to play soccer with Makenna for a while after she asked him to :)
Yummy Easter dinner!
4/19--Jared and I went to the school for Books and Buddies (read and eat donuts with your kid) with the twins this morning.
Avery:
4/20--Grandpa came this day and stayed with us for a week because he had surgery on his foot on 4/21. He was able to go to two soccer games and a gymnastics class. :)
4/21--I love getting notes like this. 💖💖💖
4/21--I love getting notes like this. 💖💖💖
4/22--It was a beautiful day for soccer...until Makenna decided, right before the game, to jump with both feet on top of her ball and fall and hurt her arm. She ended up not playing and we left at half-time. :( She took some Tylenol and is icing it now. We don't think it's broken but she sure is milking it.
Just a short while later, Makenna seemed a bit better already. She was up and playing and said it only hurt a tiny bit. She even played out on the trampoline with Avery later in the afternoon. I can safely say it's not broken. PHEW!!!
I drove myself CRAZY looking for my Roku remote in my craft room after the girls went to bed. Just before I was fixin' to give up, I just happened to kick this empty paper towel roll that one of the girls was playing with earlier. KIIIIIIIIDSSSSSSS! 😡
4/25--Of course, it's gonna be chilly and rainy all week because I bought hot dogs and buns on Sat., planning to do a weenie roast this week!
4/26--I got in bed to take a short nap because of a headache but this happened, instead.
Chilly, drizzly soccer game this evening.
4/25--Snow in April. Gotta ❤ Utah!
4/28-29--We went up to ID Fri.-Sat. to attend a viewing and funeral. Two of my SIL's are married to brothers and their mom died. She was an awesome lady. She was diagnosed with MS at 17yo and lived to be almost 66. She never complained about her condition or the pain she lived with; she was always happy, uplifting, compassionate, and loving. She touched the lives of everyone she came in contact with, so there were a lot of people at the viewings and funeral and there were so many plants and flower arrangements--we were able to take some home (the twins were thrilled, and I'm happy that I have a couple of plants to remind me of her, if I can keep them alive, ha ha). We got to stay the night with a friend of Jared's and our girls had a great time playing with his girls. They were also happy to see some of their cousins. I'm thankful that we were able to go up and support my BILs and SILs and their families.

































0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment