12/22--The girls are crafting together right now and Avery just said, "Please stop breathing in my face." Like mother, like daughter, ha ha!
![]() |
| Trying to be Cajun ;) |
Whew! Well, that took forever! "Peppermint Candy Cane" finally wrapped all of the Christmas presents!
Nothing like over $500 worth of car repairs (water pump) 2 days before Christmas!
12/24--We got up and made and decorated Christmas cut-out sugar cookies; we went to Kiki's for a Christmas lunch (pizza, veggie tray, Christmas cookies) and gift exchange with them--Kiki had some left-over seafood gumbo from a party the previous night, woohoo!; we came home and decorated more cookies, watched movies and church Christmas videos, the girls opened two presents (another set of new pajamas, underwear, socks and mini light-up pillow pets, which they are in love with), they put out cookies and milk for Santa, and we watched a few minutes of "Elf" before they went to bed. Then, I enjoyed more seafood gumbo that Kiki sent home with me. :D
Cutting sugar cookies before their bath, before going to Kiki's house:
Decorating the sugar cookies after their bath, before going to Kiki's house
The girls decorated the cookies we brought to Kiki's house
Christmas Eve lunch at Kiki's (pizza, veggie tray, Christmas cookies):
Opening presents after lunch:
Playing games that we gave to Kiki's family:
Decorating the 2nd half of the cookies after we got home from Kiki's:
I decorated some this time:
Opening a couple of presents--jammies, underwear, socks, and mini light-up pillow pets
Christmas jammies
Peppermint Candy Cane's good-bye letter:
Christmas Day:
Woke up to a White Christmas! Merry Christmas, y'all!!!
The girls and Jared started coughing really bad the night before so I had to go to church by myself on Christmas and the girls didn't get to wear their Christmas dresses. I was asked to go up and share my favorite church Christmas song "Mary's Lullaby" and why it's my favorite in sacrament meeting. We met at 11 and only had a short sacrament meeting, mostly singing. The girls did enjoy unwrapping presents, through the coughs, that morning before I went to church. We missed Christmas night at Jared's grandpa's because of all the coughing .:( After church, we watched some TV and all took naps. Avery asked me about 100 times to go play outside but I didn't want them to because of their colds. After they napped for two hours, I caved and let them play outside for 15 min. so they could use their new snowball makers--we bundled them up really good and put two pairs of socks on them. When they came in, they went right into a warm bath, then had dinner and hot cocoa, after which we watched their new "Finding Dory" DVD. I think they had good Christmas, despite being a little sick and missing church and fun at Grandpa's.
![]() |
| Seeing their Santa presents for the first time |
![]() |
| Santa present--the snow disc |
![]() |
| Santa present--hula hoop |
![]() |
| Toothpasted dispenser so I don't have to put their toothpaste on every time or they don't get it everywhere if they do it! |
![]() |
| Plush dinosaurs that came in a volcano carrying case |
![]() |
| She asked for a LSU nightgown for Christmas :D |
![]() |
| She actually asked for a plush elf--I gave her a boy and a girl |
![]() |
| Camera stuff :) |
![]() |
| The cats just had fun playing with wrapping paper and gift bags |
![]() | |||
| Since Makenna got two plush elves, she gave the girl one to Avery |
![]() |
| Watching "Finding Dory" after bathtime and dinner |
12/26--I probably shouldn't have let them but they played with friends out in the snow today and Avery is out there sledding again (on the little "hill" in the empty lot next door) with friends--Makenna was only out for a little bit but she started coughing a lot, so she came back in.

Makenna wants me to make hot cocoa right now! They got Boogie Boards for Christmas and have been continuously writing notes (phonetically spelled, ha ha).
![]() |
| [lease do it right now! Please please I'm begging you] |
![]() |
| [Please do it right now! I'm begging. This is my tenth time. Please please please please....] |
![]() |
| [Yay I'm so glad you are doing it right now!] |
12/27--Our handprint snowman ornaments:
The twins drew and painted these in school and gave them to us on Christmas. They were framed, wrapped, and came with cards they signed. So cute! Their teacher is amazing!
I should have asked Santa for a maid for the week after Christmas--wrecked house! 😮
12/26--Ever since Kiki gave them these, they want to eat every meal they can on the couch now. 🙄
12/30--He's too small for the box but is trying to make it work, anyway, ha ha!
12/31--Jared and I had eye dr. appts. at 10am, then we stopped at Walgreens to replenish our cold meds supply that we blew through this past week. The LSU bowl game started at 9am but I waited until after we got home and were eating lunch to watch it. We all just vegged all afternoon. I watched LSU spank Louisville, then I watched the Peach Bowl. While I was watching football, they wanted to watch a show, so they watched one on my tablet. I offered to put one on the TV in my craft room for them but heaven forbid they not be in the same room as me! 😏
The girls and I made pizza for dinner:
we had Black Magic for dessert (courtesy of Grandma):
We went outside and did some fireworks and sparklers:
We played a couple of games (Hello Kitty Pop-up and Hello Kitty Bingo, which they got for Christmas from Grandma):
We enjoyed some snacks:
We watched the "Luna Petunia" countdown on Netflix, and gave New Year's kisses:
The girls got to bed just before 9:00, then I went and worked on stuff in my craft room. Me waiting for midnight:
I asked Avery to do something for me earlier that day as she was playing with Oreo and she said, "Not right now. Makenna's helpful!"
Cruisin' for a bruisin'! If she weren't so cute! 😏
Happy New Year!!!

































































































0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment