Sunday, January 22, 2017

1st half of January 2017

1/2--Feeling crappy and puking on the twins' last day of Christmas break. Guess we won't be taking them to a movie, like I wanted to. 😭 Praying hard that at least they won't get it!

1/3--THANK YOU to whoever in my neighborhood shoveled the sidewalks! I was dreading going out to the bus stop to get the girls and I put on boots, expecting to have to trudge through the snow, but it was nice and cleared.

We had yellow snow with dinner, ha ha! They've wanted to make it again since they had it at Grandpa's this past weekend. :)



1/4--Jared suddenly remembered today about the presents my mom had left here and hid down in the guest room closet the last time they were here, ha ha!




1/6--My girls have to go out and catch the bus in a few minutes!

This little girl is SO excited for several (13!) cousins to get here! She had to put on the right outfit and all of the accessories. :) All of those cousins, plus 5 aunts/uncles, plus Grandpa, are staying the weekend with us! πŸ˜€πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽ²πŸƒ❄☃πŸŽͺπŸŽ’πŸ¦πŸΏπŸ€—πŸ˜œ

1/6-1/8--That time we had 13 nieces and nephews, 3 of Jared's sisters and two of their husbands, plus his dad, stay the weekend at our house! We played Tripoly, Jelly Bean Boozled, Pie Face, and various games on the Wii, went to the Bean Museum and to Jason and Mikan's wedding reception, had lots of treats (including "yellow snow") and had fun hanging out. Most of them went to church with us on Sunday, then the four of us all took a nap together after everyone left Sunday late afternoon. It took me a couple of days to recuperate, ha ha!

Playing Tripoly Friday night:



Jelly Bean Boozled:

Bean Museum Saturday afternoon:






Jason and Mikan's reception Sat. night:






Yellow snow with all the kids after the reception:

Pie Face fun:





Sunday after church: Makenna loves holding her baby cousin; she's so sweet with him.

1/9--The twins snuck upstairs while I was teaching piano lessons and did this in their room. Kids are funny.

1/9--Poor Whiskers. Oreo is at the vet for two nights, getting neutered; Whiskers is walking around meowing a sad meow, which I'm positive is because he misses Oreo. The girls and I miss him, too, especially Avery.

1/10--Mom fail morning: Last night was a rough sleep night for me because I went to bed too late, of course, then Makenna and Jared were taking up my whole bed so I went and got in Makenna's bed, then Avery got down from the top bunk and got in bed with me. Then, I had to wake Jared up at 5 a.m. so Avery and I went and got in my bed with Makenna. Either I didn't plug my phone in or it got unplugged, so it went dead and my alarm didn't go off this morning. The girls had gotten out of bed and went downstairs to play, so I didn't hear them and kept on sleeping, so I didn't wake up until school was just about to start. So we rushed and got ready and they were 30 minutes late for school. First time they've missed the bus and have been late for school. Oops!

Avery asked me if they were punished for missing the bus because, if they ever miss the bus because they are goofing around or not cooperating, they'll get punished from TV for the rest of the day when they get home from school. I told her no because it was my fault. I guess I should punish myself, ha ha.

1/12--Definitely not thrilled about going down to the bus stop to get the girls off the bus today! :P

I was headed down the front steps as the bus pulled around the corner and the bus driver stopped right in front of the house so I didn't have to walk down the sidewalk. Yay!

Hot cocoa after playing out in the snow for over two hours. They are also already planning a pool party for the summer, ha ha! They've already discussed the invites (Avery said I need to add that everyone needs to bring a towel, sunglass, and a beach ball), who they're inviting, what activities they want to do (water fight, swim, water slide), and the snacks they want (pizza, popsicles, lemonade, ice cream). Oh, and we need balloons. πŸ˜ƒ


1/13--Playdate with Elsie, a little girl that Makenna always plays with during Avery's gymnastics class. They made the cutest snowgirl. :)




Ha ha, so true! They either ask where we're going or who's coming over. πŸ˜‚

The twins were playing "bunny and leopard" and Avery had to dress the part. Oh, and her name was Snowball.


Yep!:

1/14--We took the twins to a movie for the first time ever. I was reminded why I prefer to watch movies at home. But we loved "Trolls" and enjoyed lots of snacks! :D



Bwahahahahaaaaa, this is Avery!!!




0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: