Thursday, February 02, 2017

2nd half of January 2017

1/17--Pecan praline & cream cheese KING CAKE for dessert tonight, made by someone here who grew up in La.!'



I brought a few pieces of the king cake to Kiki's family a couple of nights later.

Parent woes: Makenna hasn't eaten dinner for probably close to two weeks. She eats breakfast, lunch, and snacks just fine but keeps saying she's not hungry for dinner, just doesn't feel like eating. I'm sure it's just a phase or something. **As of today (1/22), she's still doing this.

1/18--Their dance recital was at the beginning of December and I just got their portraits.


1/19--Jared and the twins went and bought new sleds today (because Jared broke Avery's a couple of weeks ago, ha ha) and they tried them out as it was snowing this afternoon. The new, more sturdy sled only lasted 4 or 5 times down the hill with Jared taking turns riding with the girls on his lap. Another one bites the dust. I guess he needs a metal sled. :) The girls sure love playing out in the snow!








1/20--I just went to check on the girls and saw Avery licking snowballs. I hope there's no real yellow snow in there! 😅

I just told the girls that they're going to their friend, Jason's, house while Jared and I go to his company party and Avery said, "Oooooh, Mommy, that sounds fun!!" [She was talking about the co. party.] The way she said it was so cute, excited, and sweet.

1/21--The girls were very excited that we got several more inches of snow.

It makes me happy to hear my kids tell their friend, "Good job!" when she beats them at Just Dance. :)

1/22--Snapchat fun, Avery :)



And Makenna:



The twins are playing Mario Kart and I just heard Avery say, "Hey, get out of my way! I'm trying to drive here!" Future road rager! :P

1/25--I have two sickies home from school today. Of course, they're sick on gymnastics and dance day; I just love paying for classes they're not gonna be at. I hope my poor babies feel better soon.

Oreo just started getting up on the entertainment center to watch shows more closely. Right now, it's Finding Nemo; last night, it was a nature show. It's cute but he's in the way. :)

Playing fetch with Oreo. He jumps up on my desk and drops this little My Little Pony Santa hat right by me, then waits until I throw it and runs and gets it and brings it back! He usually does it with his favorite pink pom pom but he must have misplaced it. It's so funny!



1/27--Third sick day home from school in a row for the twins. :(

Makenna had a fever on and off for at least three days and Avery had a slight fever for a day or two.  They were both coughing, Avery complained of a sore throat and Makenna complained about her ears hurting one day; they were both a little lethargic, too.  They didn't even ask once to go play out in the snow, so you know they weren't feeling well!

I was a tiny bit ill Friday and Saturday and the girls were still coughing Sunday morning, so I stayed home from church with them while Jared went and taught his Primary lesson.  They were feeling much better by that evening, so they were able to go back to school on Monday.  It's nice to have them well again!  Also, Katie and Colleen are staying with us again this week, so I'm really glad the girls are better so we can enjoy having them around. :)

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: