Friday, December 23, 2016

3rd week of December 2016 (twins' birthday, class Christmas party)

12/15--Opening birthday presents from Katie and Colleen a couple of days before the party:



12/17--THE TWINS' 6TH BIRTHDAY PARTY! I was not as well-prepared for this party as much as I usually am. I worked down to the wire! I literally decorated the cupcakes in less than 15 min. just before the party started. I ran and changed my clothes about 5 min. before the party started. A lot of the food didn't turn out how I wanted it to and the cupcake stand I had planned to use just didn't work out with the cupcake wrappers I made, so I had to just scatter the cupcakes in the middle of the table. Oh, well, the kids had a blast and I think everything turned out OK. We totally forgot to light candles and sing Happy Birthday, though! :O































Bean bag toss
 

Bean bag toss
 














12/18--I got to see my brother, Ben, Sunday night at Kiki's house! He was only here in UT for the weekend to visit his new girl and I only got to see him for a few hours but I'll take what I can get! :D

Makenna hurt her side pretty bad while we were there; she was having a pillow fight with Wyatt and fell back on the open drawer of the coffee table. I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood heard her screaming, "MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY...!!!!!" It looked even worse today, with bruising and the scrapes were more red. Poor thing.







12/20--the actual birthday. I can't believe it has been 6 years since the most wonderful day of my life! After 11+ years of hoping, wishing, praying, and waiting, all of my dreams, and more, finally came true. I still can't believe how blessed I am to be able to raise such beautiful, smart, sweet twin girls. It's more than I ever asked for and dreamed of. I love them more than words can express. Now they just need to stop growing up so fast!! Happy birthday to my cuties!

They both requested pink pancakes for breakfast and I obliged. They each got to take treats for the whole class for their birthday; Makenna brought oatmeal cream pies and Avery brought Dum Dum suckers.


~3:30pm==So far, part of Makenna's birthday has been rough, and part has been great. Her teacher called me at 11:30 and said Makenna was upset because of a loose tooth. She wanted to come home but I told her it was almost time to come home and I couldn't pick her up, anyway, because I was babysitting for Jared's cousin.

She got off the bus crying and wouldn't close her mouth, so she kept drooling, which made her freak out more. Even when her Primary teachers came over to give her and Avery birthday gifts, she was crying and wouldn't close her mouth. But then Daddy got home and helped her get her tooth out. She was fine after that.





The cousins also gave the girls presents--beautiful necklaces and bracelets--which was so sweet of them. Hopefully, Jared will get home in time tonight for us to take them out for a birthday dinner.


Their birthday present (a science experiment kit) from Maw-maw and Paw-paw was delivered that afternoon and they opened it while we were on the phone with Maw-maw and Paw-maw.


That evening: Jared got stuck in traffic and we left later than we wanted to but we went ahead and went and ate at Texas Roadhouse, where the girls wanted to eat. They got to sit on the saddle there while everyone yelled, "Yee haw!" and wished them happy birthday. When we got home, gave them their presents from us--pajamas, ear muffs, and paddle balls with light-up balls.
What a fun birthday! :D








Oreo LOVES this pink pom-pom! He is always playing with it and is often seen walking around with it in his mouth. It's so freaking cute! :)

12/21--Makenna, with the money the Tooth Fairy left her, before heading to school.

Class Christmas party: As room mom, I was in charge of putting the party together. The kids had story/singing time, made a Christmas tree ornament, and played three games (jingle bells toss, pin the nose on Rudolph, and what's in the stocking). The kids got to wear pajamas to school for it; the twins wore the pj's that Jared and I gave them for their birthday the previous night. For food, we had Santa juice boxes, Santa fruit cups, elf granola bars, snowman cheese sticks, and reindeer candy canes. I brought the elf granola bars and the jingle bells toss game. I think all the kids had a great time at the party. :)


Pin the nose on Rudolph
Singing time
What's in the stocking? game
Craft time--Christmas tree ornament
Jingle bells toss
They were so excited to wear their new pajamas to school!
Pin the nose on Rudpolph
Jingle bells toss
Cutie in jammies!
Snack time!
 

Here are photos of the girls playing with the science kit from Maw-maw and Paw-paw on Wed. They could barely wait for Jared to get home from work!






Avery that evening: Mommy, I still feel like a 5 year old. ☺

Peppermint Candy Cane Week 3: 
Watching "Elf" on his iPad
 

Sitting on one of the birthday party decorations and playing with cards that I used as decorations
Opening presents that Jared wrapped!
Popping balloons left up from the party
Playing the girls' Mouse Trap game--he trapped all 3 mice
Reading a Christmas book to all the Christmas stuffed animals

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: