Tuesday, November 01, 2016

2nd Half of October

10/21--Yay for fall break! The girls both got in my bed early this morning and we all slept in together, then they got up and drew and colored quietly at the kitchen table for a while before I fully woke up, which was much needed by me because I've had a rough couple of days not feeling well. When I finally got up and got going, we went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point and walked around the gardens. As if I weren't exhausted enough after that, the girls talked me into taking them to the dinosaur museum for a bit, as well. I think I'm gonna go take a hot bath before bed! It was a fun day, though.


















10/21--Jared's sister and her two kids came and went to the pumpkin patch with us and spent the night. She went shopping the next day and her kids stayed and played with the twins all day. They had fun playing outside in the awesome weather practically all day. :)






















10/22--KITTY UP A TREE!
The twins and their cousins were playing outside on Sat. and I had the window open so I could hear them. I heard Oreo meowing and went to see if one of the kids was holding him against his will or something and we realized he was way up in the willow tree! It looked like he wasn't sure how he was gonna get down and the kids were freaking out, especially Avery--she was on the verge of tears. After a while, he finally figured it out. Avery was so relieved!











10/22--we painted pumpkins that evening as soon as their cousins left. They couldn't wait to paint them!!






10/26--Jared "got to" coach Makenna's basketball team last night, ha ha! He wasn't dressed for running around the court, telling the kids where to go, etc. The coach was sick and his wife asked Jared to coach. They are actually looking for someone else to coach the team for the rest of the season because the coach's son broke his arm and won't be able to play the rest of the season, so he'd rather one of the other parents coach the team. So maybe Jared will be the coach the rest of the season. He's so happy (not), ha ha ha! He did a great job, though.



10/28--We went to the Halloween Extravaganza tonight. We had fun dressing up as characters from Alice in Wonderland, trick-or-treating, eating sloppy joes, playing games, etc. The girls did not have fun in the spooky alley, however--we had to take the emergency exit, ha ha! They did not like the dressed up people jumping out and scaring us. They did have fun other than that, though. And we won a big pumpkin pie! :)
The White Rabbit (Alice in Wonderland)Before heading to the Lehi Halloween Extravaganza

This was after the spook alley, which they did NOT like!
 













10/30--The girls had a lesson about service at church and started doing things as soon as we walked in the door and left these notes everywhere. 😊😊 They made my bed (kind of), cleaned their room, made each other's beds, organized their shoes, and cleaned a mess they made in the foyer this morning.




10/31--Today was a looooooong day! We woke up a little early to make sure I had time to get the girls dressed up in their costumes. As soon as they got on the bus, I gathered a crapload of stuff and headed to the school. I didn't realize how crazy the school parking would be with the costume parade being the first thing that morning! I had to lug all the stuff I brought from my car, which I parked at least a block away from the school. The costume parade was super cute.

As soon as the parade was over, we headed to the classroom and I (room mom), was in charge of getting everything set up for the class Halloween party. Everything went really well and I think all the kids had a blast and enjoyed the snacks.

I got home and cleaned the house, taught a piano lesson, then made chili (using tomatoes from our garden, which I had to blanch and stew first); I also made rice and corn muffins to go with the chili. My MIL and SIL and her two kids came over for dinner, then Jared went with them all to go trick-or-treating while I stayed and handed out candy (my back and feet could not take any more walking or standing for the day!!!). My BIL and his fiance showed up and joined the rest of them until they finished trick-or- treating. Surprisingly, we were able to get the girls in bed just after 8:30--and that includes reading time.

The costume parade:





The class Halloween party:
I made two of these containers with Tootsie Pop ghosts

I made the jack-o-lantern balloons, which contained candy

Halloween mystery boxes

Makenna did not want to do the mystery boxes at first, until I allowed her to see that it was just food, not really monster ears, witch fingers, brains, eyeballs, etc. :D

Bean bag toss
Story time
Craft time--Halloween masks
Besides the Tootsie Pop ghosts and balloons with candy, we had mummy juice boxes (made by me), bat pudding, and ghost chese sticks
Spider races
Snack time
Snack time
 Time to Trick or Treat!!!









Cody, Daisy, Avery, Makenna

Mikan and Jason
Such a fun day! Now I need some pain meds for my back! :P I hope everyone had as fun of a Halloween!!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: