Sunday, October 16, 2016

1st Half of October

10/2--Jared took the girls with him yesterday to chop wood again at Grandpa Lingmann's; they also stopped by Grandpa Ted's for a bit to give him pictures I printed from our fishing trip. Makenna started feeling unwell and got a fever while they were there and still had a slight fever all night and the next day and was coughing a bit. Avery also started coughing a lot that evening. She put a tissue box right next to her, along with a trash pail to put used tissues in, ha ha. They were find by Monday.  Thankfully, it was conference weekend, so we didn't miss church.

Makenna: You know what I'm getting for Christmas? A real life phone, like yours. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Oh, she's funny!

10/4--Makenna is having fun learning how to spell words, ha ha!


 Now Avery is getting in on the fun. 😁

10/6--So, I don't think I've mentioned it here yet but I am the Room Mom for my girls' kindergarten class. Yay! :D Today was the second time I went in to help out for the entire class time. Last month, their class won the Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night (the restaurant donates a percentage of the sales made during the school's Spirit Night event to the school), so they were able to have a cookies and lemonade party this morning and "Cow" the cow came. The kids loved it. After the little party, I helped the teacher by testing the students on letters, letter sounds, numbers, counting, etc. I love helping out with all of those adorable little kids!







10/7--Family time this afternoon and evening: Worked in the garden (picked the last of all the cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, zucchini, and squash and the girls played with worms 😊), went to a thrift store to get things for Halloween costumes for me and Jared, picked up food from Burger King and went and ate and played at a park. We were supposed to go to a little fall festival but it was really packed and didn't look worth it so we went to the park, instead.












10/11--Their first school pictures. :D


10/12--First Jr. Jazz game! Let's just say she's not the most aggressive kid out on the court. I think she only touched the ball a couple of times and didn't get to shoot it at all. She basically just ran around, following far behind wherever the ball went, ha ha. She's never played before and just started working on her dribbling a few days ago, though, and she's never even tried to shoot a basket, so I am so proud of her for getting out there and doing it!!
They practice for about 20 min., then have a game with another team. Practice didn't start off that well. She got hit right in the face with a ball at the very start and she cried for several minutes and clung to me; I wasn't sure I'd ever get her to go practice. But she was fine once I pushed her out there and they started a dribbling drill. :)
The game itself was the funniest/cutest thing I've seen in a long while. I laughed the entire time. Kids just running around with the ball, only dribbling here and there. Wildly trying to make baskets. One of the couple of times that Makenna did get the ball, she started dribbling the wrong way, then sent the ball out of bounds (see the video below). It was mayhem on the court. :D


Ooops, wrong way, then out of bounds:


Just running around, following the ball (somewhat):


10/13--Cats don't make it easy to work on Halloween costumes! One plops himself down on top of the cardboard and the other one is over there playing with the measuring tape and biting the cardboard! 😁



10/14--They had a dental check-up this afternoon; Jared got home from work just before we left, so he came with us. Avery did awesome; Makenna, not so much. She kicked and screamed and refused to open her mouth for a while but finally let the hygienist clean and floss her teeth and apply fluoride. So frustrating! She did fine last time and they've been going to that dentist fire over three years! After the dentist, we all went to Harbor Freight to get an early Christmas present for Jared and someone else before heading home.

The twins and I had fun at the Spooktacular that evening!

Went through the hay maze--Makenna was a tad bit scared but we got all the way through:
 Makenna was too scared to go on the carousel but Avery enjoyed it:
 They both loved the corn pits and slides.  We went to it twice and stayed for a while each time:



 The bounce houses and slides:

They went on this airplane ride twice:
 They got their faces painted (skeleton and witch--their ideas):


 They painted pumpkins:
And we went through the little kids haunted house.  They had a blast and I hope to be able to take them again before Halloween.

10/15--They had their friend, Bailey, over during the LSU game: Avery changed her shirt to an LSU shirt and said, "I love LSU!" And I heard Makenna tell Bailey, "We cheer for LSU!" :D

That night: My girls had a great time playing with their bff at our house this evening, then going to her house in their PJ's for a movie night. Since they needed cuddles for a bit, then had to brush their teeth, and we still had to do our bedtime reading and prayer, it was quite late by the time they went to bed. Maybe they'll sleep in tomorrow. I can always dream, right?

[They did not sleep in the next morning.]

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: