Thursday, November 17, 2016

1st Half of November

Red Ribbon Week was 10/31-11/4; 10/31 was costume day, of course.

11/1: PJ's and crazy hair day! 






11/2: We were eating lunch when all of the sudden Makenna started yelling, "My tooth, my tooth!" I couldn't understand her at first because her mouth was full of food. She pulled the food out of her mouth and one of her loose teeth was in it! I guess the Tooth Fairy is coming for a visit tonight!


It was picture day for Makenna's basketball team today. They set up a basic backdrop in a poorly lit room and we had to take our own pictures. I did the best I could in the couple of minutes I had. :/




Oh. my. gosh. So, while Makenna was brushing her teeth before bed tonight, Avery told me that Makenna was brushing her tooth, the one that fell out at lunch. I yelled that she should stop because she might drop it down the drain. About a minute later, she started crying and screaming something unintelligible. Yep, the tooth went down the drain. She was SO upset and kept crying, saying, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Poor baby. But she should have listened to Mommy! ;)

Thankfully, she had turned the water off while she was brushing the tooth and it didn't get past the bottom of the drain stopper mechanism. BTW, do you know how DISGUSTING the drain looks inside when you take the drain stopper off? Barf! Jared took off part of the drain pipe under the sink and we ran water, along with the tooth, into an ice cream bucket. Makenna was thrilled to get her tooth back and put it in her tooth fairy packet. :)


11/3--A doctor and cowgirl on "dress like your dream job" day! [The previous day was "wear red day", so they wore their red tulle skirts with the matching shirts; I didn't get a picture.]  The Doc McStuffins costume was a Christmas present from Kiki two or three years ago and the stethoscope was from the Doc McStuffins dr. bag we gave the girls one year; Makenna barely fits in it anymore and we had to add sweat pants to the bottom.  We had found the cowgirl clothes in a box in the garage a couple of weeks prior; Avery was ecstatic for a chance to wear them, along with my hat!
Friday, the last day of Red Ribbon Week was owl clothing day (the school's mascot).

Plantar Fasciitis sucks! It went away in my right foot for a while and now my left foot has it! I really want to clean my house thoroughly before my parents get here tomorrow but my heel hurts so freaking bad!! 😭😭😭 Somebody call a wahmbulance. ;)

11/4--One of these little jerks just did this and I'm betting that it was a little one. 😠 The last picture shows what it looked like before it was broken.



11/5--My parents and nephews. My parents got here last night and the older nephew baptized the younger one today. :)
We went to Kiki's for lunch afterward--the ordered Papa Murphy's pizza and Kiki and I went and picked up cupcakes from an awesome cupcake shop--the owner won Cupcake Wars a couple of years ago.  That night, Kiki had to work but Michael and the kids came over and my dad made Buffalo wings and we watched LSU lose to Bama.  Argh!  It was a good game, though; Bama is #1 and we held them scoreless the first three quarters.

11/6--My parent came to church with us, then Kiki's family came over for dinner that night; I made hard and soft tacos for everyone.

11/7--After the girls got home from school, we ate lunch really quick, then went and met Kiki, Carma, and Wyatt at Discover Park in Pleasant Grove. It was a gorgeous day.








11/8--I went and voted while the girls were at school.
I taught piano lessons that afternoon, then my parents came with me to take the girls to dance class.  We ate at Chik-Fil-A afterward.


11/9--After school, my parents came with us to watch Avery's gymnastics class, then I had one piano lesson, and we all went to Makenna's basketball game that evening.
Avery is on the beam on the left, in black


11/12--It looks like Makenna was in the process of copying a book when the boy next door came to ask the girls to go to his house and play. :)

They played over there pretty much all day, just coming home to eat lunch.

11/15--Avery on the way home from dance class this evening, excitedly: "That IS a super moon, right?!"
It was pretty big tonight!

Oh joy, Jared found this out in the garage yesterday and the girls love playing it over and over and over again. I might have to go put it back in hiding. :P [The mouth used to move.]:


My two BOYS. Jared HATES when they do this, ha ha! Besides the fact that Whiskers only has ant bite sized nipples, Oreo is 4 month old--too old for that, even if it was with his mommy. Weirdo. And why does Whiskers let him do that??:

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: