Before I get to New Year's Eve, we thought it would be best to just relax on Monday to let the girls get over their cold completely; and I set up my new computer that afternoon. Late that night, I sent a neighborhood email about teaching piano lessons again and, by that afternoon, I was already over the limit of students I (and Jared) wanted and there are a couple of people who said they are interested but haven't given a definite answer yet. I really only wanted to start with 4-5 students but I'm already at 6 and it could go up to 8! Plus I have 5 people on the wait list (not sure how many of their kids they actually wanted me to teach). Guess I'll be a little more busy starting next week. :) Oh, and the girls start dance again and add gymnastics next week, too!
12/31: I was up with Makenna most of the night before, who threw up a couple of times (it wasn't really throw up, since she didn't have anything in her stomach because she hadn't eaten since lunch); she then spent much of the night sitting up in my bed, holding a puke bowl. I guess she felt like she was gonna throw up but there wasn't anything to actually puke up. This really put a damper on our NYE plans. :(
There were a couple of funny things she said that night, though. She had to go pee and I told her that if she felt like she need to puke, she could just puke in the toilet. She cried, "Noooooo!!!!"
At one point, I asked if she wanted to just lie down, instead of sitting up with the puke bowl and she said, "In 9 minutes, I'm gonna puke." Silly girl.
To top off the night, Avery came and got in bed with us really early this morning and was crying/whimpering because of leg and foot pain. Jared took her downstairs and said she cried for at least an hour. We were all exhausted all day!
We were supposed to go up to Hoytsville that day and spend the night at Grandma's, along with Steph and her family, Laura and her kids, and Teresa and her kids, and have a fun NYE party. With Makenna puking, we obviously squashed those plans and had a night in, instead. The girls were in bed by 8:30. We had crackers with cheese and ham, and fruit cocktail for dinner, ha ha. At some point during the day, Jared came in my scrapbook room and was commenting on the big mess the girls made while I had been setting up stuff on my new computer. Makenna piped up and said, "We're just kids! We don't know any better!" Ha ha ha! This girls cracks me up!
Facebook posts on New Year's Eve: Sad to be missing the family NYE party due to Makenna being sick. Her fever came back after her nap; it was 101.7 when we last checked a bit ago. Just a boring, I mean relaxing, NYE at home.
I hope all of you are having a blast ringing in 2015! Happy New Year!
Just to make myself feel better about staying home tonight:
It's 8 degrees here in Lehi and -1 degrees in Hoytsville, where we would have gone if Makenna wasn't sick!
FB post New Year's Day: I hate to say it but this has been a fairly miserable NYE and NYD. Jared and/or I have both been sick before on multiple NYEs but Makenna has made this one pretty miserable for all of us. Practically no sleep the past two nights for any of us and almost constant whining or crying, not to mention incredibly clingy to me. She had a fever again all last night and threw up last night and this morning. Poor thing. She hasn't puked all day and doesn't seem to have a fever but she is still sitting here crying. Not a good way to start the new year but it can only get better, right? Happy New Year.
1/2: FINALLY today, Makenna is feeling so much better! Yay! We felt like we just needed to stay home and rest, just in case, though. I did get the girls all bundled up and let them play out in the snow for a little bit earlier today. I bought snow pants for them for the first time over 2 months ago and the girls have wanted it to snow SO BAD all winter but we only got a tiny bit, not even enough to cover the ground and last more than mid-morning, maybe twice. We didn't get real snow until Christmas Day, then they were too sick to go out and play in it. Obviously, they had a great time. :) They even ate some icicles that were hanging from the deck (hopefully, there wasn't anything gross in them!). Since they each had sweatpants, snow pants, a long-sleeve shirt, a hooded sweatshirt, a jacket, a coat, ear muffs, two pairs of mittens, and two pairs of socks, they didn't get cold at all. :)
Jared is such a stinker! Friday afternoon, I grabbed some cheese and crackers for a snack and left them on the kitchen island while I went and checked on the girls during naptime. When I came back, I couldn't find the crackers (thought I was going crazy), so I opened the pantry to get more and Jared jumped out. He scared the crap out of me! He had taken the crackers and had been hiding in there for several minutes, as I had taken my meds/vitamins and did a couple of other things in the kitchen before I realized the crackers weren't there. I'm not kidding, he completely caught me off guard and it was scary! What a turd!



















0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment