Sunday, October 20, 2013

Jared's home, and Scottish visitors

[Facebook posts in white]

10/13:  I finally cooked some of the spaghetti squash from our garden. The girls loved it.
Avery eating a frozen grape. She didn't want to hold it in her fingers 'cause it was to cold:

The twins are each sleeping in the other's bed, which is hilarious because, just a couple of months ago, they would FREAK OUT if we even started putting them in the wrong bed.

10/14:  I shot these videos on my phone of the girls telling stories.  In the first one, Makenna got mad because she wanted to be able to see herself in the phone, like she can when we Skype Jared.  So I had to switch the video mode to self-portrait and start another video of her, ha ha.  Little stinker.  You won't be able to understand most of what Avery says but it is ultra-cute!  She gets really excited and just kind of chatters when she tells stories.


10/15: Makenna just told me I need to clean the kitchen HA HA!

I just stepped weird or something and said, "Ouch, that hurt my ankle!" and Avery said, "Just relax, Mommy, and I'll rub your tummy." So funny and sweet. [Can you tell I rub her tummy a lot because she has tummy issues?] 

10/16:  Jared got home from a trip late last night. The girls got to wear their Halloween costumes this morning to the Halloween Mommy & Me story time at the library; they loved dressing up. Then we went to Petco, where they loved seeing all the fish, rodents, and reptiles, after which we all enjoyed lunch at Culver's. Yum! To top off a great day, I got my weekly massage and now I'm scrapbooking while Jared tends to the girls. Now if only I could get him to take care of dinner, too, ha ha!

[I don't want to post the pics I took of them in their costumes yet because I still want to tweak them a bit and the orange tights for Makenna's costume just arrived in the mail yesterday--it will look MUCH better with the tights.  So you'll have to wait until after Halloween to see their costumes.  :) ]


10/18:  Driving to see a cousin today. She's so funny with her blankie on her head, mittens on (it's not cold), and holding a bearded dragon toy.

We stopped by Jared's co. corporate office in SLC, stopped to eat lunch at Chick-fil-A, then headed to my SIL's house to visit our 5yo niece, who just had surgery on her leg again.  We brought her a card and some treats and played a game of cards with her.

Eating ice cream at Chick-fil-A:
 I got this video of Avery "sucking her tongue" in the car, which is what she does when she is tired and/or relaxing.  How cute is that??

That night, I went to the church for my ward Relief Society craft weekend.  I made a "BOO" banner, a Halloween decorative plate, and a Christmas decorative plate.

10/19:  I went to the church at 9am for the rest of the RS craft weekend.  I made a Halloween wreath.  I'll take pics of everything later and post them next week.  I think it all came out really cute.  And it was fun to craft with other ladies.  I went straight from the church to the grocery store to get stuff to make jambalaya for a couple from Jason's mission in Scotland.  They are here visiting their son, who lives here in Lehi.  They came over for dinner that evening.  I had to concentrate really hard to understand what they said, ha ha.  It was a really nice evening and my MIL brought Jared's favorite dessert, Black Magic, which we will brag about to Jason.  :D
 
 
 
 

As soon as they left, I watched the last couple of minutes of the LSU game.  They lost to Ole Miss (unranked, we were #6) by a field goal in the last 6 seconds!!  SO heart-breaking!!!  I still love my Tigers, though.  We went down to #13 so now I'm just hoping to beat Bama in a couple of weeks and at least climb back into the top 10 again.

It was nice to have regular church again.  We had General Conference, then Stake Conference the week after that, so it's been three weeks since we've met as just a ward.  I missed my nursery kids (most of them, anyway, ha ha!).  I'm not sure what wore the girls out today but Avery told us she wanted to go to bed at 7:40 and Makenna just went right along with it.  It is usually at least 8:30 or later before we actually get them into bed.  I just hope they don't wake up earlier than normal in the morning!

Well, that's last week in a nutshell.  Hopefully, we'll be able to make it to the pumpkin patch and the indoor swimming pool this week and Jared won't have to leave until next week.  Have a great week, y'all!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: