Monday, 8/26: My day started early (for me) with being at the court house by 8:15 for jury selection. I was there for 5 hours and wasn't
chosen. They chose 9 people out of 47. It was for a 3-day trial for a
guy being charged with aggravated kidnapping, aggravated assault, and
domestic violence in front of a child. Scary! I was relieved not to be
chosen to sit through that trial and hear all the details! The whole
process was very interesting and thorough, though. And I didn't know
who was gonna watch the girls on one of the days, anyway, so not being
chosen solved that problem.
That night, Kiki had her graduation from the Utah
Institute of Healing Arts. The girls and I went with her family and Timmy to Magleby's for some chocolate cake afterwards.
![]() |
| Wyatt is CRACKING ME UP in this pic, ha ha!! |
8/27: Since I ended up not having jury duty on Tues., I brought the girls to the dinosaur museum because it was $2 Tuesday. I won't be doing that again. It was really busy and not worth saving a few bucks. There were so many kids in the quarry (where the kids can dig for dinosaur bones) and Avery got a whole fistful of sand thrown in her face. :( They had fun for the most part, though, but it was a little too stressful for me with that many people.
![]() |
| They have started holding hands more and more and I love it. So cute. |
FB post on Wed., 8/28: I looked high and low this morning for one of the girls' sandals before going shopping and finally just had to put a different pair of sandals on them. Evidently, I didn't look low enough because, come to find out, the sandal, along with about 60 wooden puzzle pieces and some play food, was all shoved into an a/c vent in the floor (they had taken the vent cover off). I'm pretty sure it was Avery. Thankfully, I was able to get it all out but I sure was mad!
Makenna is always saying the phrase, "Don't be shy." I don't think she knows what it means.
8/29: Makenna: "Squishy fish needs a check-up." Then, "Mommy, my pet fish is better." We've watched a few episodes of Doc McStuffins lately.
8/30:
8/31: Makenna is acting like a kitty, meowing and all, and she said, "I don't have a tail. I don't have foot paws." She so cute and funny!
8/31: We went to a neighbor's house to watch the first LSU game of the season. We beat TCU (ranked #20) 37-27; we were #12 (jumped up to #9 after that game). It was so fun to watch the game with other LSU fans and a Louisiana native. He made gumbo and I made jambalaya. So good! The game didn't start until 7 here and, by the time we got home, it was 11:00; Avery practically ran to her bed to get into it, poor baby.
![]() |
| I put the girls in their tiger suits and took some pics in my LSU rocking chair on the front porch before we headed to the neighbor's house |
![]() |
| My nails for the game |
9/2: Silly girl!
![]() |
| This cracks me up! |
![]() |
| Trying to eat the bubbles? |
![]() |
| This is how Jared slept all night, ha ha! |
9/6: That morning--another example of how Makenna organizes stuff, this time by color. :)
One of Jared's sisters just adopted a baby and the sealing was in the Salt Lake temple and the blessing was in one of the theaters in North visitor's center. We took the girls. Jared went in the temple for the sealing while I stayed in the waiting room with the girls and some of their cousins. We then went to the blessing, after which we took photos with everyone. We had a snapshot taken of us:
The next day, we drove up to Grandma's house to play with everyone. We all drove to Jared's grandpa's house and hung out there for a while. We were just planning on playing outside at his house but a storm blew in. He was saying that he hardly got any rain all summer so, of course, it rained while we were there and wanted the kids to run around outside! They still ran around the porch and a little in the light sprinkles. We got home at 11:30 last night. This time, the girls slept until I woke them up for church. They did OK in church today but were ready for their naptime, once it came!
Jared left for another trip this afternoon after the girls went down for their nap today. Timmy came over again this evening and hung out for a while. We played with the bubble machines again out on the deck. We are looking forward to hanging out with cousins some more this week, since they will still be in town all week. I'm sure I'll have plenty of photos to share next Sunday! :)
Oh, and I didn't get to watch the LSU vs. UAB game last night, since we were at Grandpa's house, but they won 56-17 and are now #8. GEAUX TIGERS!!!
































0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment