Sunday, September 22, 2013

Another week in the Crittenden household

9/17--FB post: What happens when little girls get up too early in the morning. Asleep on the couch before lunch. There goes Mommy time, I mean naptime.
Photo: What happens when little girls get up too early in the morning. Asleep on the couch before lunch. There goes Mommy time, I mean naptime.
Avery woke Makenna up not long after this pic was taken, ha ha
Makenna's "cat baby" that she dressed up and pushed around in a stroller earlier today. She was talking to it and everything--"You hungry, baby?" That girl cracks me up.
 
 

Homemade Moon Sand (flour and baby oil). Yes, it made a mess; yes, they loved it.

 
 
One more funny thought from that day: You know it's bad when Avery tells me, "You need to go get a tissue and wipe her nose!" [talking about Makenna] Ha ha!

9/18--FB post: Storytime at the library, then grocery shopping, and now I'm fixin' to get a massage. Something for the girls, something productive, and now something for me! 

The massage was great BUT...

FB post:
Jared, look what your daughters did while I was getting a massage downstairs and they were supposed to be napping. They took all of the baby products they could reach and put them in the sink and threw every single towel onto the floor. Looks like they used their potties as step stools to be able to reach higher. Little stinkers. And now they're just now going to sleep [~4:30pm] so they completely messed up their naptime. Fun stuff. Oh well, at least they stayed upstairs so I could get a full massage!
 That evening after dinner, we went out on the deck and blew bubbles using a bubble machine at dusk.  The moon was full and kind of hazy behind thin clouds.  The girls thought it was really cool.

9/19--I asked Avery to pick up something off the floor and go throw it away. She was holding her blankie, which she lovingly placed on the floor, then said, "Just a minute, blankie." So cute and sweet.

I played Bunco that night. Kiki watched the girls at her house and they had so much fun playing with their cousins.  It was a fun night for me, too!  :)

9/20--Chloe's new favorite place downstairs is in the girls' train tent.  I'm sure she likes it because she can hide out in there. 

9/21--Jared got home at 2:30am, after driving all night home from his latest 2-week trip.  The girls were so happy to have him home.  He took them on the 4-wheeler that afternoon and later that evening.  I watched a lot of football, ha ha, including my Tigers, who beat Auburn 35-21.  We remained #6 in the polls.  GEAUX TIGERS!

After church today, we ate lunch and packed up and drove to Grandpa Ted's house.  Jared was relaxing on the couch before we left.  This is what Makenna likes to do when Daddy is sleeping on the couch.  She always brings him toys and stuff and just piles it up on him:
 Some kisses for Grandpa:
 
 We made a quick stop on the way home from Grandpa's to enjoy the scenery at Jordanelle Reservoir:


Makenna was scared to walk down the hill, so Avery was concerned and tried to help her
We then stopped at Bridal Veil Falls to have a quick picnic and feed (and touch) the fish:


It was a great family day today.  :)

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: