Mon., 8/19--Last week started off with dinner at Kiki's house to celebrate Judson's 13th birthday. 13!!! Judson was the first nephew/neice on either of our sides and I can't believe he's already 13. He was the cutest toddler and is growing into a handsome young man--who is near impossible to get a good picture of. But I was able to sneak a few in:
![]() |
| Makenna giving Juddy the card from us |
![]() |
| Birthday Boy |
![]() |
| Avery stuck to her Uncle Timmy all night |
![]() |
| Makenna and Carma enjoying the cake and the peach ice cream I made using peaches from our tree--it was AWESOME! |
![]() |
| I had to bribe him for this photo but I'll take what I can get. :) |
![]() |
| The girls' favorite part of the party was playing with, then taking home, some helium balloons |
She did NOT like us putting any of that stuff in her mouth! But it went away within the next day or two and the Orajel seemed to help some with the pain.
Tues., 8/20--We brought the girls to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. They had fun seeing all the animals. On the way home, we stopped to eat at a little local burger and shake shop (Emmett's and Ethel's) in our town.
![]() |
| AAAAAAWWWWWW! |
Wed., 8/21--Jared got this from his mom's house and hung it under our deck:
Makenna had a fever most of the day but seemed to feel fine as long as she had Ibuprofen in her. I was all set to take her to the dr. first thing Thurs. morning but she woke up feeling fine with no fever. I called the nurse and she said not to take her in yet, just monitor for fever and take her in if she got another one in the next couple of days. She never did, thankfully! Must have been a short-lived virus or something. Who knows. She didn't have any coughing, puking, or anything else (just seemed to feel yucky). I'm just glad that's all it was!
Thurs., 8/22: We went out to eat at Texas Roudhouse to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the adoption finalization.
I wrote this on FB that day: Although they had already been in our lives and hearts for 8 months, 2 years ago today our adoption of the twins was finalized and they were legally ours. We celebrated the anniversary with dinner out but we got home too late to eat the cupcakes I had made. I simply can't imagine life without either of my girls. I truly love being the mom of twins!
Fri., 8/23--We went to our ward block party; it was supposed to be in a cul-de-sac in our subdivision but it had rained the night before and looked like it was going to rain again, so they changed it to our stake center. The girls had a great time getting their faces painted, "fishing" for prizes, and dancing to the live band. We have an awesome ward!
Jared left for another trip after sacrament meeting today. I have jury selection in the morning for a 3-day trial and I'm praying I don't get chosen because Kiki can only watch the girls tomorrow and Tuesday. The 3rd day is supposed to be on Thursday. My visiting teaching companion offered to watch them but they've never stayed with anyone all day, other than Kiki and Grandma. Wish me luck!!!
Oh, and our adoption profile was just put up! YAY!!!! Please pray for us!!























0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment