Tues., 7/23, was our 14th anniversary and Jared was still out of town.  Boo!

Here's how the rest of that week went:
7/22--Teresa and her family came by and spent a few hours at our house.  The kids (everyone except for Makenna, because the water was too cold) went swimming and they had a great time playing together.
 photo 20130722_122230_zpsa2f7c95e.jpg
 photo 20130722_122322_zps2e34df8d.jpg
We tried to get a decent photo of all of them together but this was the best one, ha ha:
 photo IMG_0387_zpseac9d608.jpg
Thegirls were being really silly after dinner that night.  Makenna had this crown on and put it over her eyes so she could see through the "windows".  Avery said she was a super hero, ha ha!
 photo 20130722_195043_1_zpsec45ca09.jpg

7/23--post on FB: Ha ha, Makenna just picked up a jalapeno from the garden that was sitting on the table and took a bite out of it. And cried. That'll teach her not to eat stuff without asking first. No, probably not but it was funny.

7/24, Pioneer Day--the girls and I went to our ward party, where there was a band, tons of food, and lots of big fireworks.  The girls had a blast dancing, rolling around in the grass, eating chips and cookies, playing with friends, and watching the fireworks.
 photo IMG_0402_zpse771eb82.jpg
They lay down on the blanket next to each other to watch the fireworks.  It was pretty darn cute.
 photo IMG_0414_zps83370527.jpg

7/26--Thegirls went visiting teaching with me, then we went grocery shopping.  While they were napping, I set up their new booster seats, so they will no longer use the high chairs.  They love sitting at the table.  This was their first meal in them that night:
 photo IMG_0422_zps3070109d.jpg
And this was their second meal the next morning (corn flakes and milk on the chairs and floor); I was kind of missing the high chairs at that point, ha ha):
 photo IMG_0425_zpsb09a8922.jpg

7/27--post from FB: Makenna is giving Avery a pretend haircut and saying, "Avery, you need a haircut!" I'd better go and make sure all of the scissors in the house are hid. The funny thing is they haven't actually had a haircut yet. Their dad just threatens any time their hair is in their eyes.

Kiki went to Tucanos with me and the girls that afternoon so I could use my free birthday meal coupon there.
 photo 20130727_143237_1_zps21071ac1.jpg
 photo 20130727_143256_1_zpseacc68f5.jpg

And 7/28 was another Sunday without Jared.  It actually went really well.  The girls were super good in sacrament meeting.  But Makenna got a little crazy during singing time in nursery.  She is starting to act out more and more and being a little stinker.  Just a short phase, hopefully!  She has also started bullying Avery a little--bear hugs her and pushes her around the room, then falls on her.  Avery freaks out, ha ha!  Makenna is also a little bossy to Avery.  It's kind of funny but I try to contain it, as I don't want her to be one of those little bossy kids that annoys everyone.  She can also be so very sweet, loving, compassionate, and affectionate, though.  They are both starting to do more and more on their own, which is very helpful to me and my back and neck.  They get in and out of their car seats now by themselves.  Hallelujah!
The next week wasn't all that exciting, with Jared still out of town, but here are some cute pics of the girls and some cute things they said:

7/28: Makenna said she had the "hippups".

7/30: It was an awesome evening for eating out on the deck, then swinging on the swings.

7/31: Makenna counted backwards from 5.  Avery melted my heart with, "Sorry, Mommy, I didn't mean to!", even though I'm sure she meant to throw those puzzle pieces, ha ha.  Makenna has this finger puppet narwhal that she calls her "nordwhale":
The girls watched Doc McStuffins that morning so they were giving their baby dolls a checkup later that day, ha ha!

8/1: I was at my computer and the girls were coloring at their table and Makenna told me she was drawing a picture of Jesus.  :)
I got a massage from someone in my ward who just graduated from massage school and it was great!

8/3: I bought this for the girls from one of those indoor yard sale groups for $10. While I was setting it up, Avery said, "It's amazing!" They love playing in it. 
Avery has been calling it the temple. After naptime, she wanted to go read in the temple.
 photo IMG_0474_zps770eb702.jpg
 photo IMG_0475_zpsc020d0ed.jpg
 photo IMG_0477_zpsd8003203.jpg
 photo IMG_0480_zpsda63cb4b.jpg
 photo IMG_0482_zps710ae7cc.jpg
 photo IMG_0486_zps7c13fec8.jpg
The girls watched an episode of Bubble Guppies where one of the characters had a tooth that was loose, then fell out. Now Makenna keeps saying her tooth is falling out, ha ha!  And here they are chowing down on cherry tomatoes from our garden on 8/3.

8/4: After their nap, they went and had a snack and read books in their train tent.  They have quite the little set-up in there now:
 photo IMG_0490_zps40112402.jpg
 photo IMG_0492_zps675b8152.jpg

Here's how last week went down:

Monday, 8/5: [FB post]--I just cleaned up the 5th spill of the day (three milks, one water, and one V8). As I was cleaning it up, I said, "Aw, you spilled again?!" and Avery said, "This is aggravating!" Hahahahaha!!!!

The girls were taking turns riding on each other's backs and laughing hysterically. So cute to see them playing together and having fun.
 photo 20130805_143934_zps7158943c.jpg

Tues., 8/6: A little tea party at their table in my scrapbook room:
 photo IMG_0503_zps1edd403e.jpg
 photo IMG_0500_zps113a074c.jpg
 photo IMG_0498_zpsba5d83e8.jpg
[FB post]--
So the girls and I are down in my scrapbook room and Chloe, our cat, is meowing incessantly (I probably need to go feed her); Makenna just turned to her and yelled "Go upstairs!" HA HA HA! Can't stop laughing.

Jared got home Thurs. night, 8/8, ~10:30pm.  The girls were happy to see him the next morning.

Fri., 8/9: We converted the cribs to toddler beds that night. So far, so good. They stay in bed for naps and bedtime and they stay in bed until we go get them in the morning.  They are such sweet girls. Hopefully, they'll keep it up! Trying not to be sad about getting rid of one of the last baby things with them, though.
This is after we converted them, before their bath--they were so excited about the change!
 photo IMG_0506_zps1a3584bc.jpg
 photo IMG_0511_zpsd6208bc6.jpg
And this is after their bath, ready for bed:
 photo IMG_0519_zps6180e1a4.jpg

Sat., 8/10: Before eating at Winger's for lunch, Jared played dress-up with the girls:
 photo IMG_0525_zps9110085a.jpg
[Makenna doesn't look happy in this pic because she wanted Jared to put ALL of the dress-up clothes on her but they wouldn't all fit--such a funny girl!]:
 photo IMG_0529_zpsdde90749.jpg
[Aaaaaaaaaw!!!!]:
 photo IMG_0534_zps976debe7.jpg

Well, this is  REALLY long post, so I'll stop here and post about this week over the weekend.  TTFN!!