Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Visit from Maw-maw & Paw-paw

They left over a week ago and I'm just now posting. :/

They got here Sat. night, 8/18.  On Sunday, we went to church, then just my parents and I drove over to Kiki's church to see my nephew, Juddy, receive the Priesthood.  He turned 12!  That night, we all went over to Kiki's for dinner and birthday cake:

Avery sure loves Uncle Timmy!
Makenna giving kisses to Carma's Smurfette

Cute little Wy-wy
The birthday boy--I can't believe he's already 12!
Blowing out 12 candles!

Makenna enjoying a game of Guitar Hero with Juddy and Michael
Daddy and Avery
Carma performed a song for us.  She sings great!

8/20:
 
An Oreo stolen, then stolen back, ha ha!
Paw-paw reading bedtime stories
Jared reading to Avery
Maw-maw reading to Makenna
Avery smelling the flowers in the book  :)

8/21, Jared left on a business trip.  My parents and I took the girls to the park; Kiki and her family came over that night:
    
 
 
 
 
 
 

8/22, the girls and I went to the aquarium with my parents, Kiki and Wyatt:

Watching the sharks, stingrays, turtle, and fish
Checking out the otters
Such a cutie!!!
The day wore her out!
     8/23, Kiki and I took our mom out to eat at Cheesecake Factory and to see Wicked on her birthday, along with our friends Amiee and Jamie.  It was SO AWESOME!!!

8/24, Nikki and I took our mom out to eat at Texas Longhorn for her birthday.

8/25, we went up the canyon for dinner with my parents, Nikki, and Tim:
Nikki bringing the girls to the river
Makenna and Nikki
Paw-paw holding Avery down to the water so she could feel it
Avery and Tim

the Provo River






Makenna trying out the slide at the playground by the river


Avery loved the slide here!
8/26, after church and naps, we went to Kiki's for dinner.  Avery woke from her nap with quite the crazy hair!


Mom and Dad left Monday morning, 8/27.  They debated staying because Hurricane Isaac was due to hit when they would be getting home.  They went ahead and left and ended up not going to their house right at first because of flooding and not staying at their house until Sunday because their electricity was out until then.  Thankfully, their house was spared from flooding--although several neighbors behind them weren't so lucky.  My uncle Mike's house came really close to flooding but didn't.  My cousin, Todd, lost his house and everything in it.  For the most part, though, everyone I know got really lucky and was spared flooding or major damage.

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: