8/4/12:
Two of Jared's sisters were in town from out of state and we had them, his sister here in Utah, and his mom over for dinner. Jared made the most awesome BBQ chicken. Everyone was hanging out in our backyard while Jared BBQ'd and the girls were given their first taste of fresh raw corn:
We bought a hummingbird feeder not too long ago and hung it just outside the kitchen window, which is above the sink. The hummingbirds have really taken to it. I see hummingbirds every time I'm in the kitchen and I love it! 8/8/12:
8/8/12: I stripped the girls down, put them up on the table, and gave them suckers:
My sister, Nikki, was at our house on 8/12/12 and I asked the girls to give each other kisses and they kissed AND hugged. It was so sweet! Do these pics not melt your heart?
Some videos:
Playin' and Laughin' together, 7/28/12:
The girls spinning around on my sewing cutting mat. Before I started recording, they were laughing hysterically--they stopped as soon as I got the camera out, of course. Notice how Avery has her blanket the whole time. :) 8/1/12:
Spinning in Mommy's desk chair. And a kiss at the end. :) 8/9/12:
Dancin'! {part 1} Some kicking, booty shakin', and booty slappin', ha ha, and lots of twirling! And a change of song request at the end--so funny. 8/12/12:
Dancin'! {part 2} More kicking, booty shakin', and booty slappin', ha ha, and lots of twirling! 8/12/12:
Some Facebook posts:
Thanks SO MUCH, Kiki,
for watching the girls tonight so Jared and I could go out to dinner
alone for the first time since they were born! Tucano's was yummy!
The
girls slept 'til after 10 today. We didn't leave Grandma's house until
after 11 last night! The girls were having too much fun playing with
Aunt Carrie, Uncle Nathan, and their cousin, James. It was so much fun!
Makenna's
new thing when she gets scared is to say, "It's OK!" (because I always
say that when she's scared of something). Jared kept scaring her with a
dinosaur and she kept saying, "It's OK!" and running away. Pretty cute
but heart-breaking at the same time. Naughty Daddy!
I
lost control of my computer earlier today--I let them play an ABC game.
I think I created 2 little monsters. Makenna FREAKED when I tried to
exit the game until it was time for supper. I have a feeling it's gonna
be very difficult for me to use the computer from now on when they are
around. WHAT HAVE I DONE???
I
just noticed my phone was missing so I went and found it on the floor
in the TV room. Looks like Makenna made several calls, ha ha!
We
had so much fun last night! We went to Kiki's and she made the best
grilled pizza (chicken/spinach/artichoke) and grilled zucchini, peppers
and mushrooms. We watched the Olympics and I had the twins saying, "Go
go go!" So cute!
Ha
ha, the doorbell just rang and scared the crap out of Avery. We have
one of those insanely loud doorbells that plays obnoxious music.
I
cranked up some music and the girls happily danced and squealed while I
made a yummy dinner of tilapia and sauteed zucchini, which they then
refused to eat. *sigh*
My
sister, Nikki, has nicknamed Avery "Linus" because she carries her
blanket with her everywhere now. It's a fairly new thing, maybe three
weeks, and it's pretty funny. I'm gonna have to find another one just
like it 'cause it's gonna get pretty ratty if she just has the one!
A
bought a second blankie for Avery so she doesn't just carry around and
sleep with just the one. Although it's the same exact blanket, except
that the pink on it is a little darker, she is not having it at all!
Little stinker!
I love when I wake up to one of my girls singing happily in her crib.
I was without my babies for 10 hours yesterday. I attended Amiee Erickson's
awesome baby shower while Jared took the girls to his hometown to hang
out with family and go to the county fair. It was nice to be able to
get ready without two little ones getting into everything in my bathroom
and I had a much more relaxing time at the shower than if I had them
with me but I certainly did miss them. And it sounds like they had a
blast with their daddy and extended family.
The
girls loved the green smoothies I made this morning--I used a handful
of spinach, a peach, a few orange slices, some cottage cheese, milk, and
honey. Now I just need to buy better cups that they can drink it from
so it doesn't go everywhere! Thanks for the reminder to make them, Kiki!
That's it for now. My parents are here this week. I'll post about everything we did after they leave. We're having fun! :)


















0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment