The girls are still scared of the vacuum. On this day (6/21), Makenna went around the corner to hide with a stuffed animal and Avery sat and bawled on the couch:

![]() |
| I shouldn't laugh at this pic but I can't help it! |
I made a couple of sets of dresses a month or so ago and finally got some pics of one of them on 6/24; I also made the headband and flower:
The girls had their 18-month check-up on 6/26. Here are the stats:
Avery = 30.5 in. (10-25%), 21.4 lbs. (10%)
Makenna = 31" (25%), 24 lbs. (25-50%)
That was their first appt. Jared has ever been able to go to; he was shocked at how fast the nurse was able to do their shots (2 each, 1 in each leg). He wanted to give them a treat afterward so, after a quick trip to Hobby Lobby, we had lunch at Chick-fil-A and ended the meal with ice cream. The girls were happy, even after having shots. :)
On 6/30, I wasn't feeling well, so I was resting on the couch and Jared was playing with the girls. A little while later, I noticed it was really quiet, so I looked back into the playroom and the scene below is what I saw. I have no idea how that happened! They hardly ever sleep anywhere but their cribs! It was so cute, though! I really like how there was still a toy resting on Avery's leg, ha ha. And, of course, Makenna has fingers in her mouth:
On 7/3 (after finally getting a Utah driver license and going to the eye dr.), Kiki took me to a drum & bugle corps show, along with our brother, Tim. It was so much fun! The Blue Devils won but I thought Phantom Regiment should have won. I really liked the Boston Crusaders show, although some of the other corps were actually better in terms of performance/skill. They were all great, though, and being there brought back so many great memories of my five years in drum corps! We stopped at Village In on the way home to eat and got home really late--I think it was 1am. It was a great night! [The Blue Devils]:
We had a very low-key 4th of July. We just stayed home and did stuff around the house and played with the girls. Jared put up some shelves in my scrapbook room closet; I'll take pics of them when I finish putting everything back on them. We also moved some boxes out of the garage. Jared went and bought a kiddie pool for the girls and I finally got to put their awesomely cute bathing suits on them! They loved it! Makenna has some rolls that don't quite stay in the suit and I couldn't help but get some adorable bum shots, ha ha! Enjoy all the cuteness!:![]() |
| Makenna |
![]() |
| Avery |
![]() |
| Avery |
We used Jared's brand new gas grill (Father's Day present) to cook some hamburgers for dinner. Jared went to bed right after we put the girls to bed. Some neighbors starting setting off fireworks not long after and I had to bring the dogs in but, fortunately, they didn't wake up the girls. At ~10:00, I was able to see the fireworks displays of several cities from both the front porch and back deck. It was pretty cool. But I was also able to see the huge fire burning up on the mountain by Alpine/Highland. Sad. I stayed up until after midnight so I could wake Jared and he could pack for a trip and leave early for the airport. So, yeah, today is my birthday and he left super early this morning. It was just me and the girls here all day, doing nothing.
P.S. About the eye check-up, the dr. said I have great vision, I'm just slightly far-sighted (gets blurry too close up), so he prescribed some reading glasses to use while I'm on the computer and reading books. No biggie. Does make me feel old, though!!

















0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment