Since it's been almost 3 weeks since I last posted, this may be a tiny bit long with lots of pictures videos!
On 7/7, the Bigler family (a family from our ward in Louisiana) were visiting Utah and stopped by our house for a visit. Jared was out of town, so he missed it. It was so nice to see them and hang out for a bit; Avery took right to their oldest son.
![]() |
| Avery "helping" me sweep up--I started putting a sheet down the next time to make clean-up easier |
On 7/13, I had a Girls' Night Out at my house. Kiki and some of our friends (Amiee, Jamie and Michelle) came over and we just hung out and acted the fools. Amiee, Kiki and Michelle stayed the night. It was SO MUCH FUN! We stayed up til 3 then I wasn't able to fall asleep til after 6:30 then the twins woke up at 8; I awoke with a monster headache but it was well worth it!
On 7/15, I had Kiki and her fam and Nikki and Timmy over for dinner. I BBQ'd some awesome chicken using Jared's new grill. Kiki and the kids spent the night and stayed for most of the next day; the twins had so much fun with their cousins. [Carma ended up staying the next night, as well, which was so fun.] On a whim, I put some Tiger costumes on the girls that a friend had sent to us from Louisiana last year. I was worried that they were getting too hot in the suits, so I took Avery's off but Makenna would not let me take hers off! She loved wearing it, ha ha!
Carma took a Broadway class this summer and had a little recital on 7/19 so the girls and I went to see it. Carma did so well, even though she was a little nervous.
On 7/20, the day after Jared got home from a 2-week trip, we took the girls out onto the back deck and blew bubbles with them for the first time.
Jared's sister, Carrie, and her family flew in from Georgia on Sunday (7/22); we had them, Jared's other sister and her family, and his mom over for dinner that night--we BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs. The kids all had a great time hanging out together and playing in the playroom, as well as outside. Jared took some of the kids on a 4-wheeler ride.
7/23 was our 13th anniversary! Can you believe it? Kiki and her two youngest kids came over to babysit the girls so Jared and I could go out to eat alone (for the first time since the girls were born); we were able to enjoy a meal at Tucano's.
Yesterday (7/24--Pioneer Day), we went up to Jared's mom's house and spent the afternoon/evening with her and Carrie's family. We played outside for a bit--the kids played in the sandbox and swung in the swing; we went for a walk; we lit sparklers; and we hung out until 11pm! The girls were having so much fun we just kept playing!
![]() |
| That morning, Avery had fallen face-first into the corner of my desk. Poor thing! |
Makenna's new thing when she gets scared is to say, "It's OK!" (because I
always say that when she's scared of something). Jared kept scaring
her with a dinosaur and she kept saying, "It's OK!" and running away.
Pretty cute but heart-breaking at the same time. Naughty Daddy!
Facebook posts:
July 6
Avery
is cracking me up right now. I had a stack of magazines on the floor
that I was supposed to put up on a shelf and she scattered them all over
the floor. Now she's picking them up one by one and THROWING them down
or flinging them across the room. Don't know why, it's just so funny
to me! It's like she's getting out some baby aggression or something.
:)
July 9
This is the 1st time I've let them play my marimba. Avery wasn't into it but Makenna is enjoying it.
July 11
Went
and picked up my prescription reading glasses today. I hate to even
admit that, ha ha. Also, it rained for a couple of minutes today--the
two minutes that it took me to get out of Hobby Lobby and get the twins
buckled in and my stuff in the trunk. It stopped raining as I was
pulling out of the parking space. True story.
July 13
I
think my cat might be trapped in the twins' bedroom. I just heard her
on the baby monitor meowing like she's ticked. I heard one of the girls
making some noise but they are quiet now. I'm not ready to get the
girls up from their nap yet, and they'll want to get up if I go in
there, so I guess I'll leave the cat in there unless she starts meowing
again. Serves her right for sneaking in there, ha ha!
July 16
So,
yesterday before church, Makenna opened the door leading to the garage
and I thought it was a fluke. She just opened another door. UH OH!!!
We don't have regular door knobs; we have the kind that are long and you
just pull down on to turn. Crap.
July 18
The
twins are suddenly starting to repeat a ton of words--cookie (of
course), cracker, peas, bib, and the list goes on. Their fave thing to
say (or yell, rather), though, is "MOMMY!!!"
July 18
Saying hi to the horses around the corner on our walk this morning
July 18
On our walk this morning
July 20
The
girls and I are happy to have Jared home after a 2 week business trip!
Too bad he was on a business call when Avery choked on a chip and threw
up on me and the couch. I just about lost my lunch, too!
July 23
I
LOVE watching/listening to Makenna "talk on the phone". She is having a
serious discussion with someone right now using the controller to a
chair massager, ha ha!!!
Jared was in Albany, NY from 7/5 to 7/19 and he's leaving again tomorrow morning for a week. :(
I have some cute videos to post tomorrow. :)






























0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment