Friday, May 18, 2012

Just a few notes about the girls

I'm sitting here on the computer and the girls are playing behind me and I thought I'd come and write about some of the things that the girls are doing at this age.  They will be 17 months in 2 days!  I'm listening to Avery "read" a book right now and Makenna is just chatting away.  I just love hearing their jibber-jabber.  It's the cutest ever!  They both have different but equally cute voices. 

Avery has started to sing a lot and will do it if I ask her to or if I start to sing.  She also dances every time she hears music.  She loves music!  They both do, actually, but Avery seems to dance more and Makenna doesn't really sing too much.  I put them both on the piano last week and now they often "ask" me to let them play it.  Here's a couple of pics of them playing:

 

Makenna is becoming more and more attached to her lovey.  She wants to take it everywhere now.  We used to not let her take it out of her crib but I have started letting her recently.  I also just bought some of the same type of fabric that it's made from so I can make a few loveys so we have one for the car and several for around the house.  I hope I'm not creating a monster!  Avery will only go to sleep if she has her blankey but she's not quite as attached to it as Makenna is her lovey. 

They still love Sesame Street, especially Makenna.  She squeals and starts dancing the minute she hears the theme song.  She will usually sit and watch a whole episode but Avery will only watch a few minutes at a time.

They both love being chased by "Mommy Monster".  They laugh so hard that they fall down a lot and run into things.  It's pretty funny!  They also both like to be tickled.

They usually listen pretty well to me when I tell them not to do something but Makenna has become a little stinker about throwing food on the floor.  She will do it even when she's looking right at me and I'm saying, "NO!"  If I get up to take food away from her, she will hurry and throw it on the floor before I get there.  It's kind of funny sometimes but it's pretty aggravating a lot, too!  What a little stinker!!

They love brushing their teeth.  They will let me do it for a couple of minutes, then I let them brush their own teeth for a couple of minutes.  I usually brush my hair and teeth before I get them out of bed but, this morning, I took a shower, then went and got them, then finished getting ready.  They saw me brushing my hair and I had to give one a comb and one a brush.  It's so cute to see them try to mimic what I do.

They're still not saying too many words, although they "talk" to me and each other quite a bit.  They've been saying "ball" for a few weeks and Makenna will say "baby" but that's about it.  They know several animal noises and most of their body parts, though.  They still sign "please" a lot whenever they want food, ha ha.

I cut out their morning nap last week, hoping that it will help with their transition to nursery.  Maybe if they get use to going without that morning nap, they won't be so grumpy during church.  It's going really well so far.  They are a little grumpy around 11:00 but I can usually keep them occupied enough to be OK until lunchtime.  The afternoon nap is getting longer and longer so I think they're sliding right into the new routine.  They are such little angels.

Jared gets home tonight and we can't wait.  He has been texting me pics of himself to show the girls; they will kiss him when I show them the pics.  So cute!  I'm sure they will be so happy to see him for real!

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Kim and DeAnn said...

this is so sweet to read! By the way, Jon STILL has his lovey. . . it is ok, lol. I am so very very very happy for you and Jared and those sweet girls. Take care