Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gardening & Mischief

Jared got home from a 2-week business trip on Friday, 5/18.  The next day, we went to a plant nursery and got stuff to plant in our garden: tomatoes, squash, zucchinis, cucumbers, cilantro, Anaheim peppers, jalapenos, strawberries, and watermelons.  The garden already had blueberries, blackberries, beans, and rhubarb in it.  We went in the back yard to play on Sunday and Jared planted everything while the girls played.


Makenna found some of the dogs' tennis balls
 
Avery had fun playing in the dirt
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sweet kisses from Makenna

Jared was home for less than a week--he left last Thursday and will get home this Friday or Saturday.

My sisters, niece and brother came over Sunday evening and we had dinner, we chatted, the girls played on the deck with Carma, we danced, and we watched So You Think You Can Dance.  I have no idea what time the twins went to bed but Kiki thinks it was after 10.  After Nikki and Tim left, Kiki, Carma and I painted our toenails and Carma and I had a snack.  Carma stayed up 'til 11:30!
Nikki, Carma & Kiki dancing
Makenna started making this funny face a couple of weeks ago.  It's pretty funny!

Some posts from Facebook:
5/24: Makenna actually sits and folds her arms and closes her eyes now for bedtime prayers. So cute!

5/27: So I went to use the bathroom and was thinking, "Wow, maybe I'll actually be able to use it in peace" since the girls didn't follow me and bang on the door. But then I went and saw why they were being to quiet and content without me. Avery had a big piece of moss and was "wiping" the floor with it and there were little moss pieces all over the floor. Little stinkers!
 5/27: The twins LOVED the strawberries I gave them with lunch. I can't wait for the strawberries in our garden to come in!

5/27: The girls just woke up from a nap and are having a great time banging on the wall.

5/27: The makings of a great slumber party:
*Good food and snacks: check
*Dancing: check
*Watching TV: check
*Painting toenails: check
*Staying up late: check
*Just having fun: check and check
The twins stayed up until at least 9:00 and my niece is just now going to bed. Great slumber party! :)

5/29: Twins playing on the deck = me eating in peace. :)

5/30: Some of you may remember the picture I posted the other day of the twins getting into one of my plants. Well, I was working on my blog a bit ago (with the girls coming in and out of my scrapbook room) and it took me a few minutes to realize that it had been quiet for a while, so I went to check on them and they got into the plant again. Only this time, instead of just taking some of the moss out, they scooped out a good couple of cups of the dirt onto the floor. Makenna's scalp was caked with dirt and she had dirt all over her clothes; both of their socks were covered in dirt, too. I've cleaned them up a bit with baby wipes but they will definitely need baths tonight!

Here are pics I took of them getting into the plant this morning--they actually did it twice and I had to move the plant outside the door:
 
 
 
Here are some videos:
This one shows how the girls play together (5/27):
This one shows the girls dancing and me being mean (chasing Makenna around with the stuffed animal kitty cat that meows, ha ha!) (5/29):

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: