On 3/1, I noticed the snow was coming down really hard and went to let Praia in, thinking she was probably hunkered down in her dog house but, nope, she was just lying out in it, letting the snow pile up on her!:
On 3/5, Jared was off of work and it was a warmer day, so we went to the park, where the girls loved swinging on the swings. We also went to Sam's Club and to eat at Cracker Barrel. A fun family day!

It was a fun, busy day and the twins were exhausted that evening. Makenna fell asleep sitting on Jared while watching TV, ha ha:

To wake them up a little so they'd stay awake enough go to bed that night, Jared played horsey with them. Avery wasn't so sure (she looks terrified in that pic, ha ha!) but Makenna loved it:


On 3/9, we got to go to my niece, Carma's, 7th birthday! A Smurf party! Kiki did such an awesome job with the cake and all of the Smurf-themed treats and decorations. The twins were a little over-stimulated by all the loud kids running around; Uncle Michael named them the Grumpy Smurfs.


Look at their new, first tennis shoes--this was their first day wearing them! They did a great job walking in them. And looked adorable, too! :)


Avery's favorite part of the party was playing with all the tissue paper after the gift opening:

Carma got a Wii Smurf dance game that we played after most of the kids left. The girls were in a much better mood, then, and were having fun dancing and running around:


On 3/10, we went to a cousin's wedding reception. We barely got to visit with anyone because we spent the entire time chasing after these two!:




They sure did look cute, though, in their new dresses and first "big girl" church shoes. :)
Some Facebook posts the past couple of weeks:2/24:
I don't know what the twins are saying but they're having some kind of discussion, hollering across the room at each other (in their cribs post-nap).
Makenna just fell walking and stood up by herself. Then Avery walked into her and knocked her down again. Ha ha!
Kiki posted this pic of Avery, taken at her house on 2/25:

2/28: Makenna has been walking around for a while with the head of a little plastic dog in her mouth; she is always doing silly stuff like that.

3/1:
Poor Makenna has a top molar cutting through. What a Grumpy Gus! Avery may be working on one, too. Two babies stuck to me like glue but I don't mind.
We just went grocery shopping as a family and the twins were trying to catch the falling snow as we left. :)
3/3: I wish I knew what Makenna was saying. She has been telling me a story for the last 5 minutes--looking straight into my eyes like I know exactly what she's talking about. So cute!!
Makenna has a new obsession with hats--she keeps putting them on and walking around and loves when we say, "Oh, so pretty!" I need to get it on video tomorrow. I've taught the girls how to tickle feet (preparing them for the next time we see Paw-paw, ha ha!); Avery keeps tickling my feet and says, "ticka ticka!" I love it!3/5:
It's a little warmer today so we just took the twins to the park and they had a great time on the swings. They are so much fun!
3/7: Cute: Makenna starting to wave "hi" or "bye" all the time now. Not so cute: Makenna pulling Avery's hair when she's trying to get Avery away from a toy she wants.
3/9: I bought the twins some (super cute) tennis shoes yesterday and they're practicing walking in them. They weren't so sure at first but they're doing great now.
Kiki posted this on 3/10:
"Kenna and Avery were over stimulated. Michael asked "who invited Grumpy Smurfs". hahahah"

I'm still on the search for our new home. Please pray that I find it soon before I go totally nuts! :)
3 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
The girls are gorgeous Dana, I'm so glad you're able to keep up with taking pictures and enjoying the days with them. BTW your sister did a great job with that cake ... amazing.
I love the picture of you guys at Cracker Barrel. What a sweet family!
I LOVE their sassy outfits!! Esp the black and white ones. They are so stinking cute! Thanks for coming to Carmas party and helping out! You are so sweet!
Post a Comment