Monday, March 26, 2012

Chatterbox, silliness, and waving

Just some random cuteness for your viewing pleasure--mostly Makenna chatting away like she often does. If you watch the whole thing, the girls will wave "bye" to ya! ;)


FYI:
*On 3/20, Makenna signed "more" for the first time; she wanted more oranges. :) She is now also signing "please" and "milk". I had given the girls some goldfish crackers while I washed their bibs and trays after lunch the other day. I turned around and she was signing "more". It was so cute! I'll try to get it on video soon.

*In the last week or so, Avery has started doing this thing when she doesn't want to do something, if you're trying to take something away from her, or if she is just upset about something in general--she says, "No no no no no..." It's kind of funny but I have a feeling it's gonna get old soon. I finally got her to sign "more" this afternoon by bribing with chocolate animal crackers, ha ha! Usually, she just screams for what she wants when I try to get her to sign "more" or "please" before I give her something. Stinker. We'll see if she starts signing more.

*Recent Facebook posts:
*3/12: Avery has a sippie cup in each hand and one hanging from her mouth.
*3/14: Playing outside with the fam.. :) Makenna is picking out just the rocks from the wood chips at the playground and Avery is picking up leaves from the ground.
*3/18: Both of my girls have top molars cutting through. Fun times! :)
*3/18: Someone should invent a contraption where baby high chairs can be placed on a grate and all the food that falls (i.e., thrown on the ground) goes through the grate and into a trash receptacle so the food can be easily thrown away, used for compost, or used to slop pigs (ha ha). My kitchen floor is NEVER EVER clean!
*3/18: Makenna is sitting in her high chair waving at everything around the room. Cute.
*3/20: The twins are 15 months old today!
*3/20: Makenna signed "more" at lunch today for the first time (not on her own, I prodded, but neither one of them has ever been interested in doing any of the silly signs mom does, ha ha). She also tried to say "belly button" during their bath tonight. It was so cute!
*3/21: The twins' 15-month stats: Avery=29 3/4 in. (25-50%), 20 lbs. 5 oz. (10-25%); Makenna=30 in. (25-50%), 22 lbs. 1 oz. (25-50%). They did pretty well after their shots--helps that we played at Aunt Kiki's for a while after she came and helped us at the appt. Thanks, Kiki!!!

Looking forward to Easter! I bought their dresses and will do Easter pictures soon. Will post them as soon as I can! :)

3 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Kim and DeAnn said...

precious! isn't technology wonderful. Avery and Makenna are so cute, and they look so happy and healthy. Thanks for sharing.

nfaband said...

They are growing up so fast, I can't believe it seems you were just sharing their births with us and now they're little toddlers. They're beautiful girls Dana, good luck with the signing process.

Stephanie said...

Oh, so sweet!

Makenna really reminds me of Luke the way she chatters and gestures.

We need to chat soon, I want your thoughts on signing. Luke signs for drink, eat, and more and they are very handy (especially because he is thirsty all the time and wakes up wanting a drink), but I haven't decided how many other signs to incorporate or if I'd rather just encourage him to say them. He's started saying cracker and banana and a few other foods, so I'm wondering if teaching him the signs will delay him from saying them.