Thursday, February 23, 2012

Videos!

Has it really been a month since I last posted? Wow. I was sick for 1/2 of the last month--still coughing just a bit 5 weeks later! The girls really started walking last weekend. Last Friday (2/17), Avery started to walk around on her own a bit without any help or urging from me. The past couple of days, she stands on her own without any aid from furniture quite a bit. She is walking more than crawling already! Makenna also took off on her own last Friday. I wrote on Facebook (after writing that Avery had started walking on her own), "Now Makenna just walked across the room to steal a book from Avery, ha ha!" Makenna doesn't stand without help yet but she is starting to walk on her own more and more--just not quite as much as Avery does. I've taken quite a few videos the past few days. :)

Avery still does that kind of sucking thing to her blanket to fall asleep and to any stuffed animals and other soft things she picks up. It's pretty cute! [taken 1/19]:


Makenna does some really silly things. She likes to push stuff across the floor as she's crawling--anything that will slide across the carpet. And she crawls around with stuff in her mouth, like this packaged CD that came with a toy [taken 1/19]:


This one shows Avery pure joy at learning how to walk. Every time we would help her practice, she would laugh the whole time [taken 1/29]:


This one is sure to make you smile. The girls playing and laughing together [taken 2/1]:


Here's a montage of the girls walking, all taken since last Friday:


Here is Makenna doing raspberries and Avery craking up at her. I love moments like this! [taken 2/21]:


Facebook posts (since I post more stuff on there daily but not everyone who reads this blog is on FB):

1/30: "Avery is taking a few steps here and there and has stood up on her own a couple of times without the aid of a couch or anything. So close to walking! She LOVES when I help her stand and walk--she laughs the entire time. So cute! Makenna likes playing peek-a-boo and loves when Daddy holds a blanket up like a tent; yesterday, she got mad when he wouldn't hold it up anymore. She's quite the drama queen, ha ha! I love my girls!!!" "Makenna took a few steps this evening, too! :)"

2/1: "
We used up the last of the baby formula today! Been weening the twins off of it for the past month. Now to ween them off of bottles and decrease the milk intake just a bit!"

2/2: "Every time Makenna sees me rub lotion or sanitizer on my hands, she rubs her hands together, too. :)"

2/3: "Had fun going to Ikea with Kiki and Wy-wy (my nephew--he's so stinkin cute!), then visiting our sweet friend, Jamie. Now I'm waiting for my other sister to come over and hang out. :) BTW, I'm so thankful for two little angels who are so easy to take places, even when they don't get their normal nap in. I love them so much!!!!!"

2/12: "Avery has 2 bottom molars peeking out--one on each side!"

2/13: "
If my scale is correct, Avery now weighs 19 lbs. 4.8 oz. and Makenna weighs 20 lbs. 12.8 oz. I thought for sure Avery would weigh 20 lbs. Guess we'll have to hold up just a bit longer to get forward-facing car seats."

2/15: "Poor Makenna has had a fever since last night. She won't eat much and is doesn't feel well at all. :("

2/16: "Yay! Makenna is all better today--fever completely gone. I wonder what that was about?" "Makenna is back to her old shoving-her-face-with-food (literally) self. How do you teach a toddler to not stuff their mouth with food to the point of gagging??"

2/22: "Makenna gagged herself on too many animal crackers and threw up on me, causing me to throw up a tiny bit. Lovely. At least I made it to the toilet."

So that's been the last month for us in a nutshell. I'll try not to wait so long to post again. I still need to post some pics. Maybe later tonight. Maybe. :P

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

amiee said...

OMG these are the cutest videos!!! I love listening to how happy you are just watching them! It's SOOOO SWEET.