Thursday, April 21, 2011

4 months old!!!!

Yesterday, the girls turned 4 months old! They had a check-up and Avery is 23 in., 11 lbs. 6 oz. and Makenna is 22 3/4 in., 11 lbs. 13 oz. They had to get shots and Makenna cried SO HARD and long I teared up a tiny bit and was extremely close to crying. If you know me, you know I have a needle phobia and it SUCKS to have to see my two babies get shots! Makenna started screaming right after we got in the room and screamed through the initial exam with the nurse and the weigh-in, then with the exam with the dr. And, of course, she was absolutely out-of-her-mind bawling when she got the shots. It took all my strength to not bawl with her. She cried forever! Avery cried a little bit but just for a couple of minutes. They both slept for a while when we got home and were a little cranky the rest of the day and evening but all I had to do was hold them and they were fine--I gave them Tylenol a couple of times, too.

The dr. said I could start feeding them rice cereal and give them apple juice if they are constipated (happens to Avery a lot). They are gonna stay on the preemie formula until 6 months but they do get to stop taking the iron and reflux med. I hope the reflux has really gone away.

Here are some pics from the past few days:

{Avery fell asleep while playing in the baby gym, 4/19--she's a little contortionist! She can tilt her head SO FAR BACK! And you should she how far she can bend her back backwards! She sleeps like this all the time.}:

{Just some pics of the girls in the outfits they wore to the dr., 4/20}:

{Later that day, they both liked sitting up on the couch, with the help of their Boppies}:

{But just a short while later, this happened--I did fix them so they didn't stay like that!}:

{Today, I tried them out in their Bumbos for the first time. They did OK. Makenna's head was a little more wobbly than Avery's, as you can see in the video below}:




We don't have any plans for Easter except to bring the girls to church in their incredibly cute dresses--pictures to come!

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Kikibug said...

They are getting so big. They look so "grown up" in their Bumbo chair. OOOH SO CUTE! Love the drool bomb that Avy was sporting.